GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My 97 has running boards and I think its just a run of the mill Suburban. The the 99 locally (I believe have the Geneva Package) does not have running boards.
    1997 GMC K1500 Suburban
    1970 Pontiac Tempest T-37
    1970 Lemans Sport Conv.
    2000 GMC Safari
    http://rusticbynature.com

Years ago we had several people come to our shop to get repairs done on there conversion Tahoes/Suburbans, usually a seat problem. Some of the aftermarket seats were junk and the frames would crack. Of course the conversion company and seat company were no longer around. Also there wiring jobs for the T.V.'s and the other electronics were a nightmare. All I can say tempestt-37 is you've been warned.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by tempestt-37 View Post
    My 97 has running boards and I think its just a run of the mill Suburban. The the 99 locally (I believe have the Geneva Package) does not have running boards.
    Yeah, I know that running boards could be added by anyone, and even some may have been dealer options. However, almost every conversion company vehicle I see has them installed. That and wood trim seem to be a conversion van/suv hallmark!

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Years ago we had several people come to our shop to get repairs done on there conversion Tahoes/Suburbans, usually a seat problem. Some of the aftermarket seats were junk and the frames would crack. Of course the conversion company and seat company were no longer around. Also there wiring jobs for the T.V.'s and the other electronics were a nightmare. All I can say tempestt-37 is you've been warned.
    Yeah, I never assumed the conversion seats/captains chairs would've been of such low quality. I could see the wiring being a mess, though. Very few people/places - even pros - know how to properly wire a vehicle. Most anyone can get the wiring to work, but they don't consider the steps to make it last long term through all the bumping around, moving, jostling, extreme temps, etc...
    I like you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12