GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2002 silverado brake and right. blinker problems(HELP)! ASAP

So I had this problem before and it was fixed by the dealer and now I'm having the problems again and I'm about to go get the inspection sticker for the truck so I need help asap.

Whenever I press the brakes the right blinker will light up but in a dim manner and none of the brakes will light up and when I need to use the right blinker and need to slow down at the same time the blinker blinks really fast and during the night it will just completely stop. I have no idea what it is and I need a permanent fix

I had a similar issue with my 02. The wiring harness had become corroded. My plug was located on the rear cross member of the frame. I pulled it apart and cleaned it with contact cleaner. When I reassembled it I put some white grease on the plug to help prevent future corrosion. I did notice that the clip that held the plug together was broken, so I actually used some zip ties and held it together.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)