GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Problem

Assuming your '01 is similar to my '98, the PCM is responsible for telling the relay to close (according to my wiring diagram, it is pin D1 at the PCM). The next step working backwards would be to check the connection between the PCM and the relay and to check if the PCM is sending the signal to the relay to close.

Working back far enough, the ignition switch is a possibility. Most likely it would be a fault that is blocking power to the PCM. If the PCM doesn't have power, it can't send a signal to the fuel pump relay to close. It also won't be able to tell the injectors to fire and so on. If the PCM is not sending a signal to the fuel pump relay, I would probably check PCM power next.
    '98 K1500 Suburban LS 5.7 L 4L60E NV246 ARB
    '92 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4 4.0 L A4LD BW13-54 Trac-loc rear
    "My toys were the greasy cogs and springs and pistons that lay around all over the place, and these, I can promise you, were far more fun to play with than most of the plastic rubbish children are given nowadays." Danny in Roald Dahl's Danny The Champion of the World

Jr. Apprentice

Well sent it to the dealership so far after three hours they can't figure out why its not starting

Sr. Apprentice

Default power

Where is the power coming from if you power out of the relay?

Default Fuel system parts locator?

I am not able to start my truck. I am looking first at the fuel system since the motor will turn over. It ran fine before I let it sit for about 5 weeks. I have a relatively "new" 2002 Silverado and need help finding the fuel system parts: Pressure regulator (immediately in front of tank?); fuel pump relay?; fuel line pressure release (black or green cap on rail)? If I press the pressure release valve (looks like tire air valve?) with the ignition key turned on, should gas spray out indicating the system is normally pressurized?

Also what is the easy way to R/R the fuel filter with out bending the metal lines?

Thanks for help, siposta

I had same problem and it was a bad ground

Sr. Apprentice

Default Starting Problem

The fuel pressure regulator is above the left valve cover.Pull the vacuum line off. If it is wet replace the regulator.The cover on the fuse panels (2) will tell you what fuse is where. The fuel filter has a hex nut attached to it so you can put a wrench on it while loosing the fuel line

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123