GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne Medic View Post
    On the subject of Tonneau Covers has anyone tried or have the BakFlip G2 covers? I like the idea of being able to lock it as well as the hard top being sturdy. Please let me know of your experience on this one or any alternatives that are better.
    Here are a couple threads that may help you.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...hlight=BakFlip
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...lip#post385023

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I would recommend contacting your local dealer for more information. They should be able to point you in the right direction. You can also take a look at: http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/index.html for more information.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Well this is great ! I received a call just now from Mike at Extang customer service. It seems the guy from their design department took one of the covers to the local Chevy dealer to test fit it and it doesnt fit right ! So they have to change the design a little. He said theyre going to try narrowing the front and rear rails to start. Im calling Summit to get the pick up ticket so I can send it back. Maybe I'll wait a couple of weeks to call them back to see if theyve made any changes. OR maybe I'll just buy a different brand of cover. At least I know it wasnt me !

I have the BakFlip.....not as watertight as my Fold-a-cover was but it was EASY to install.

MikeH
    2010 Silverado

mikester, glad it wasn't you. I would contact that Mike at Extang and see if they will do anything for you for all your troubles.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Well I thought you guys would like to hear an update on this mess. I went to the local Chevy dealer because they have a couple of new trucks on the lot with the OEM soft tonneaus. I looked real close at how they work. I went back to the GMC dealer where I bought my truck to get a price on the soft tonneau not the one with the hard liner. $525 was the best they could do. I called Advantage. They are the company that makes the covers for GM. Not just for GM trucks in general. They make them for the GM corporation. So I ordered one from Summit today for $349. Should be here by the end of next week. Pays to shop and do your homework.

Jr. Apprentice

I just took of a gm one with the bedrail protectors and i dont want it anymore but i dont know if i can sell it or anything its one of the hard fiberglass ones the lock is a little rusted and full of build up from salt and stuff but if you put it ina bowl of CLR or something im sure it would work fine its that dark blue metallic color with minor scratches
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Z71
    3" Body Lift
    American Racing rims
    33" Yokohama Mud Terrains
    Dual Exhaust straight pipes
    -CHEVY MILITIA MEMBER-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12