Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-25-2011, 01:45 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of Apple. Faces severe health crisis.
What's everyone think about Steve Job's stepping down from being CEO of Apple?
I did some reading on him, that's a very interesting story. I learned a lot that I had no clue about him prior to this.
- He was adopted by working-class parents in California and his biological parents stayed together (college students) and had another child, Mona Simpson who is a famous author and didn't know Jobs was her biological brother.
- He dropped out of college after one semester. But, he did go back to to audit a caligraphy course, which he credits for helping him appreciate the aestetics of the devices he makes.
- Was told after he came back to Apple by the board that no one would buy tech consumer electronic goods.
- Practices Zen Buddhism.
- Spent a year backpacking around India in his late teens and took LSD which he credited with helping him unlock his mind.
- Not a vegetarian, because he does eat fish.
- Married with three children, but prior this this he had a child out-of-wedlock and he denied paternity even going so far as to sign court documents claiming he was sterile. He did eventually accept paternity and worked at having a relationship with his daughter.
---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------
There was an interesting portrayal of him in Pirates of Silicone Valley.
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
* I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.