GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: tires

Hybrid View

Default tires

right now i have 31/10.5/15 on my 2wd 98 yukon. i wanna get a lil bit beefier stance, so i did a comparison and thier about the same as a 265/75/15, what size tire would i be able to run with out rubbing issues, especially for turning, would i be able to fit a 295 tires all around or no?and if i went that size how big should the sidewall be, 60 series or what, i want the beefy look

this is what they look like now

I'm interested in doing the same thing on my Suburban. By the way, how do you like them Michelin LTX M/S tires. I love mine, nice and smooth ride, but at 150 a tire mounted, it hurts to put them on. I have yet to change my tires, but I need to b/c my existing tires are dry-rotting from not being driven enough. Oh well, I'm going to find me some RV tire covers to put on the truck when I put my new tires on to protect them. But, if I can stick bigger tires on the truck with the stock rims, I just may.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Jr. Mechanic
    Washington State, the Dry Side ( Southeastern)

I have a 95 2500 Suburban, stock suspension and the largest tire that fit the front end radius was a 265. I wanted to swap out the tires on my 86, but they would not fit, the front fender radius was too narrow.

Just my experience.
    Just Another Day in Paradise...

I put some 285/75/16's on my 99 4wd Suburban and had no rubbing issues at all. Not sure if the 2wd's would be the same though.

Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Friction View Post
    I have a 95 2500 Suburban, stock suspension and the largest tire that fit the front end radius was a 265. I wanted to swap out the tires on my 86, but they would not fit, the front fender radius was too narrow.

Just my experience.
    with my wheel at full lock i still dont rub so i think i might be able to go bigger not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    I'm interested in doing the same thing on my Suburban. By the way, how do you like them Michelin LTX M/S tires. I love mine, nice and smooth ride, but at 150 a tire mounted, it hurts to put them on. I have yet to change my tires, but I need to b/c my existing tires are dry-rotting from not being driven enough. Oh well, I'm going to find me some RV tire covers to put on the truck when I put my new tires on to protect them. But, if I can stick bigger tires on the truck with the stock rims, I just may.
    yea this was my brothers truck and the tires have been on for about 5 years now, showing some dry rot around the edge of the tread so im starting to browse for tires to get in the fall, if i can im looking into the 275/60sr15 firestone firehawk indy 500 tires, they look very nice and have very nice ratings, im pretty sure they will fit cuz my 31/10.5 tires and equivalent to 265/75/15's