GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default need 37" aggressive snow (AT) tire

ok so with my lift im going to go with 37" tires, but unfortunately my beloved duratracs dont go that high. i need a very aggressive looking AT tire (sidewall tread, w/e its called) that is very good in the snow, but i am also open to the idea of an MT if it performs well in the snow and doesn't completely suck in other conditions.

Welcome to the club. What type of truck do you have and what size lift?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

2005 2500 HD, soon to be a 7" BDS, deciding on tires and wheels at the moment.

Sr. Apprentice

I recently came across these tires a couple days ago that I believe are made by Kelly Springfield or just Kelly. They are the Kelly safari TSR. From what I have read a lot of folks like them just not sure what a 37" would translate over into for example 325/70. Here is a link to them but have to find a retailer that sales them which is listed on the description as well.
    http://www.kellytires.com/cfmx/web/kellytiresel/search.cfm?mrktarea=Light+Truck&selector=catalog
    Another tire is the fierce attitube but 35x12.50x18 is as big as I know of just incase you cant get a full 37 that meets your requirements

http://www.fiercetires.com/tires/attitude-mt/index.html#

i
    ll keep pocking around seeing what i can find

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

You may also want to check out pitbull tires like there maddog lt radial.
    http://pitbulltires.com/maddog_radials.php

i actually like those kelly's, going to read some reviews on them, thank you!

edit: doh, the kelly's dont come in a 37
    Last edited by lopomon; 08-26-2011 at 07:22 PM.

I do like pro comp all terrains, I have hear a few good things about them all around.

Here is a good site to read reviews for many many A/T and M/T tires, hope this helps.

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...ll-Terrain.htm
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

yeah i saw that on the sticky, but i didn't want to take 2 hours clicking through 50 different tires to read the reviews. wanted to save that for a last resort, which it may come to.

Sr. Apprentice

I didnt know what size the kellys came in since no one sales them any where close to me. From what I am finding besides the big name brands like pro comp and a few others seem to have possible what your looking to get. I am looking for tires too just gives me an excuse to get on the computer so more and the search goes on.

Just curious do you like super swappers I know they have that size in various tires. Their M16 tire looks promising looking up now

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

not sure if 3 stars in the snow is enough but they do come in 37x13.5x17
    http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...16-Swamper.htm

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

The TrXus STS is supposed to excel in the snow

I use kelly Fierce attitude mud terrian. They have a wiked side profile but ride very quiet. I travel 200 miles every other weekend on the highway and I can't tell a difference from my old goodyears. Not sure if they come in 37's but worth checking!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Kelly tires are a goodyear brand and have had them on alot of vehicles and are very good tires, however I doubt they have something that big, I currently have Dunlop M/T Maxx Traction Rovers on my truck, and love them, I had BFG AT ko on previously and they blew goats in the snow, hated them so much I only kept them on for 2 months and bought new tires again. the Dunlops have handled everything with ease that MN winters can throw at them they also have worn extremely well at my rate i expect to get 60k mi out of them pretty easily.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by