GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Tire, Wheel, and suspension suggestions needed

I am currently the owner of a 2004 chevy silverado 1500 extended cab 4x4. I have added a block rear lift kit and a leveling kit in the front and am looking to upgrade to a larger tire with new wheels and possibly adding a 3 inch body lift. I am looking for suggestions on what I should use and best bang for the buck. Also any suggestions on something I should do differently to give the truck the offroad feel and look I want. Thank you.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!! Are you planning to take your ride off road? If so, then you may want to start looking toward a suspension lift vs a body lift.

I don't know much about body lifts, so I won't respond to that part, but it may be helpful if you provide an approximate $$ amount you have to spend as well as at least one picture of your truck so people can provide better responses. Lifting, tire size, rim size, etc. can actually be a very complex subject, so the more info you provide, the better.

Good Luck!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I will be selling truck in few years to buy a duramax so am looking mainly for the agressive look and feel without the price of the suspension lift. The price i would like to stay around is under $2000. I have been looking at pro comp wheels which run about 600 on sale and kumho 33" mud terrain tires, but am looking for some more suggestions and options from others with experience. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0807101919.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	29627

If your goal is to replace it in a couple of years I wouldn't put too much money into it. I would save your money so you can put it into the new truck, just my opinion, but the wheels and tires you get for the 1/2 ton won't fit on the diesel so you'll have the expense again. If you are set on spending the money then you should be able to fit 33's with your level kit, just make sure the rim you choose has the proper offset, around 20 to 31mm.
    Adam

Thank you for the info I have to get new tires for the truck currently as is so I am going to put 33" tires on and I figured it would be nice to get a little more lift out of the truck with a cheaper body lift rather than spend the money on a suspension.
    Weber 2004 chevy silverado z71 5.3L 4x4
    Wheels/Tires- 17 inch dick cepek wheels and 33.5x12.5 mud claw radial m/t tires
    suspension- leveling kit with 3 inch rear block kit/ 3 inch body lift
    Accessories- rhino lined bed and scorpion lined rocker panels, Bully Nerf bars

Welcome to the club. As Adam said I wouldn't put much money into the truck if you are going to sell. With the leveling kit you have you should be able to get a 285/70 ( a narrow 33") on the truck.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Thanks i will check those out and see what I can find