GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default EARTHQUAKE! 5.8 Virginia Earthquake - All our Northeast members ok?

Just going through the reports on the earthquake in the Northeast, looks like it's outside of Richmond, VA. All the members of this site ok? Check in and let us know how big of a deal this is.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

supposedly the quake was felt up here in Toronto, Ontario. But I didn't feel anything as I was driving.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Down in Charlotte I know many ppl that felt it but I was outside working and I never felt anything, it did tip over one of my buddies lawn chair though
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

Not to bad here my wifes school had to evacuate and the windows rattled a little but all is good
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

I didn't feel anything here in NJ though a few of my buddies in town swore they felt something
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

We felt in at the plant. My office is on the second floor and we felt some movement but not anything serious. Several people thought it might be a semi outside or the fire water pump kicking on. Reports from other buildings, the lack of a truck any where near us, and the fact that the fire water pump does not shake the building led us to conclude it was an earthquake. One of the guys in the office got on the internet and determined that there had been a quake in Virginia about 5 to 10 minutes earlier.

The plant is located just south of the NC - SC border. Not much to get excited about - as a student at USC-University of South Carolina - the upper deck in the football stadium use to move a hell of a lot more than what I felt today......though I was sober today!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

I'm 70 or so miles north, did feel the house vibrate a little. Not a huge deal but enough for me to go wtf was that? and then walk outside and look around in the sky for the plane crash!
    Adam

I've been seeing this around the social media sites for the last 12 hours or so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-va-earthquake-we-will-rebuild-east-coast-damage.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	29571

i didnt feel a thing here in VB, my wife said she felt a bit of a shake tho.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Im about 4 hours away from where this originated and we felt it. Lived here all my life and this was a first. kinda wild.
    2006 Silverado 2500HD, 6.0 Vortec, rhino spray in bed liner, LT package, westin step bars,true dual exhaust
    Mods to come: dixie horn, blacked out bowtie, recon smoked cab lights, recon led brake bar.
    Thank you lord:sign0011:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by