GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Concealed Weapon Carry

Any one licensed to carry a concealed weapon and if so how often do you carry? I just went through certification last weekend and submitted my application to the state for a license this week. Should have it back in about 60 days. I plan on carrying as much as possible, Dallas ain't all freindly.
    Gary

99 K 1500 Suburban
    78 Silverado Big 10 w/factory 454
    00 S-10 Blazer
    1976 Trans Am
    1980 Honda CB900 Custom

I have a S&W .45, but it is heavy. I am looking at the new S&W M&P's in 9mm for a carry weapon.

Ive got my concealed weapons permit and it took 90 days here and only good for 5yrs. My advise next gun show get the book they sell for the laws, ita where they give the tests and costs around $20 small price to pay for something that could keep you from doing the wrong thing. Very helpful info. I have a beretta cougar s&w 40 but its a little on big side so i don't carry but have hidden in my truck for emergency , but I'm currently looking for something smaller but with work cant carry it.

I wish they had that in Canada. Can you imagine...Headlines would read "Cable guy guns down, Non-pay subscriber" was caught tampering with cable outlets in basement.

Sir, put down the splitter and walk away slowly...

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Default CCP in SoCal? No way!

Next to impossible to get a CC permit anywhere in SoCal unless you are a fishing buddy with the local Sheriff.

I was shopping in the diamond district in LA and wanted to see a particular stone that my jeweler didn't have. He made a phone call and 15 minutes later a 8-10yr old showed up and handed the jeweler a cloth bag from his pocket. The merchants use kids to move the stones between stores. Saves on armored car fees I guess.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

I got a question for ya.....Why do people follow laws that are not valid?

“If the state converts a liberty into a privelidge the citizen can engage in the right with impunity”
    Shuttlesworth v Birmingham , 373 US 262

“Where rights secured by the constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them.”
    Miranda v Arizona, 384 US 436 (1966)

"The State cannot diminish the rights of the People."
    Hertado vs. California (110 U.S. 516)
    1990 Chevy Suburban (4WD)

Blog Entries

I first got my concealed weapons permit 20 years ago when on my 21st birthday my Dad bought me a S&W model 686 357 mag. I am an avid hunter and also carry deposits for the grocery store I manage so I feel safer having one. I still have the S&W but prefer to carry my Glock 23 40cal., or my Baretta 92 9mm. I also have a Ruger Super Blackhawk 44cal. with a 10"barrel.

You'll love this one Jamie but about 10 years ago my Dad and I went on a fishing trip to British Columbia where we would be camping and fishing at different lakes and streams so he warned me about bears so I decided to pack my Baretta across the border in my duffel bag in the back of the truck. We were searched at the boarder which was pretty common but not until we were about 15min. later down the road, I informed my Dad that I had my Baretta stashed in my duffel bag. Needless to say he blew a gasket and read me the riot act about how serious of trouble we could have gotten into. It was an innocent mistake but we were very careful to hide it better on the trip home.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

I've had a Concealed Weapons Permit for 23 years. I rarely go to Dallas so I dont worry about carrying, most areas in Fort Worth arent bad enough to worry about carrying.
    I've carried the same gun all 23 years, a Walther PPK 9MM that my father gave to me for my first deployment overseas, not the best stopping power around but I'm used to it and it's never let me down, and I know I can pull it in a hurry if its needed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I've carried the same gun all 23 years, a Walther PPK 9MM that my father gave to me for my first deployment overseas, not the best stopping power around but I'm used to it and it's never let me down, and I know I can pull it in a hurry if its needed.
    007 Bond, James Bond. Very nice hardware!

Over the years we have had many pistols. My first was the colt 45 commander, aluminum frame but way to much kick, (bang for the buck)

380 autos are nice pocket pistols and backup, but that’s about it.

The Glock 17 is just about right for us, not to much kick, I always stager the rounds, FMJ, JHP, FMJ, JHP and so on. I figure if I have to use it and can’t do the job with 17- 9mm rounds we shouldn’t be carrying a gun. With the night sites it is the perfect weapon. The frame is large but not so large Melanie feels uncomfortable with it, and she only weights in at 110 lbs soaking wet.

Had here look at the newer smaller Glock and she didn’t like it, but my phlebotomist loves hers. She is slightly smaller than Melanie.

If you plan on carrying for protection be warned, the only time you should brandish a weapon is when you HAVE TO. Most times just the sight of a gun can scare most away, but then you could run into someone like me, who also carries. Or just plain gets pissed and is going to shove the gun where the sun doesn’t shine.

So if you carry be prepared to kill.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesn’t.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by