GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Interior lights- 2000 Silverado

I have a 2000 Silverado 1500. When I open the passenger side door, the dome light does not come on nor does the side panel light on the door. Everything on the drivers side works fine....Any clues as to why its not working?

Sounds like the switch in the door went bad. May even just be sticking..

Quote Originally Posted by swansix View Post
    I have a 2000 Silverado 1500. When I open the passenger side door, the dome light does not come on nor does the side panel light on the door. Everything on the drivers side works fine....Any clues as to why its not working?
    When you open the Driver side door.....Does the Dome light work??
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 08-29-2011 at 06:26 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

yes, the dome light does work when I open the driver's side door

As I recall, that's not a bug, that's a feature! See page 2-53 of the owners manual: There is a 'dome override' button on my LT. When the doors are opened, the dome lamps will come on if the DOME OVERRIDE button is in the "out" position. If the DOME OVERRIDE button is pressed in, the lamps will not come on.

Quote Originally Posted by rduz View Post
    As I recall, that's not a bug, that's a feature! See page 2-53 of the owners manual: There is a 'dome override' button on my LT. When the doors are opened, the dome lamps will come on if the DOME OVERRIDE button is in the "out" position. If the DOME OVERRIDE button is pressed in, the lamps will not come on.
    swansix........I have a 2000 Silverado 1500. When I open the Passenger Side Door, the dome light does NOT COME ON nor does the side panel light on the door. Everything on the drivers side works fine....Any clues as to why its not working?

My Reply..........Number #3.....When you open the Driver Side Door.....Does the Dome light work??

swansix Reply...Number #4.....yes, the Dome light DOES work when I open the Driver's Side Door

Yes .....there is a Dome Override Button......but How come the Dome Light Only comes on when the Driver Side Door is opened and...Not Come On....when opening the Passenger Side Door??