GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default lightening hit my 98 C1500 4.3 liter vortex v-6 truck

I assume that lightening hit my truck, and thats why it hasnt run since the thunderstorm. I was in my house when lightening run through it. I'm glad I didn't get hit directly. Anyhow my truck wont start. I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel pump relay. Fuel pump not getting fire. Truck will start by pouring gas directly down intake while cranking engine, but only burns up fuel from gas can. I'm sending off for a new ecm. My friend says I should just run hot wire to fuel pump and use toggle switch. Any suggestions much appreciated. I'm new to forum and would like to say hi to everyone. thank you

Fix it right, the toggle switch is fine for a field truck on the farm but not on the street.
    Get in a wreck, brain busy with other life issues and forget to turn off the toggle and big problems will happen.
    John
    '99 Yukon
    '07 Mustang GT 3 pedal
    FLHR
    Ski Doo's

Does this sound like a problem with the computer??

Welcome to the club. If lightning did hit your truck I'm sure the ecm and most likely alot more things are fried. Back in the '90's lightning hit my friends BMW while driving with his father, the car instantly died, blew his dads hearing aids out and it cost the insurance company $40,000 grand, it was a $100,000 plus Bimmer. It fried EVERY electronic in the car.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Sr. Engineer

I would be calling the insurance company, auto and home to see if it would be covered. Things damaged on my property are covered by my home insurance.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Blog Entries

I'd check to see what all did have power. Check all your fuses and start looking at connectors and connectons to see if any of those are damaged.
    1992 GMC Sonoma GT 4.3
    1984 C20 'burban 454
    1963 C10 283
    One lead foot
    Two hands that turn a steering wheel very quickly and very well.