GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Legend

Blog Entries

Default What are your plans for Labor Day?...the last long weekend of Summer

The Summer has flown by for many of us and Fall us just about upon us. Our family is taking advantage of our last long weekend by going on a 4-day camping trip in the Colorado Rockies. We like to use the truck and go off-road and get us into places where most the rest of the population cannot get to, thus totally allowing us the privacy and isolation we are looking for. Thoughts of a campfire cooking, crisp cool nights, gathering firewood, and drinking lots of beer are all on the agenda. No cell service, no WiFi, no computers

What are your plans???

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I work four ten hour days, Tuesday thru Friday, so I get a long weekend every week! Probably have a picnic at my sister in laws house, no big plans really.
    Adam

Legend

Blog Entries

I'd love to work 4 10s.....my brother in law has that gig and couldn't be happier. Congrats on being one of the fortunate ones!

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

I'm retired and my wife works a 3.5 day work week so we stay home on Labor Day weekends and let everyone else fight the traffic. And a few beers!!
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

I managed to get a 5day weekend this weekend. Im going fishing with sgtsjj tomorrow after a stupid 20 min meeting at work (supposed to be off but eh) otherwise i need to do struts in the wifes car, and a radiator in my truck (small gasket leak where the tank meets the fins) and replace a door, and 2 windows on my house... Should be interesting! But im with silverado on the staying home and letting all the other people fight the traffic. hence only taking the boat out once.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I'm retired and my wife works a 3.5 day work week so we stay home on Labor Day weekends and let everyone else fight the traffic. And a few beers!!
    Beer is always a nice "enhancer" to most things...imo. Enjoy the peace and relaxation! We're going to take off tomorrow afternoon so we can avoid the traffic, as you elude to, it will be busy out there.

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I managed to get a 5day weekend this weekend. Im going fishing with sgtsjj tomorrow after a stupid 20 min meeting at work (supposed to be off but eh) otherwise i need to do struts in the wifes car, and a radiator in my truck (small gasket leak where the tank meets the fins) and replace a door, and 2 windows on my house... Should be interesting! But im with silverado on the staying home and letting all the other people fight the traffic. hence only taking the boat out once.
    Taking care of stuff keeps YOU out of trouble. I hope you are Sarge catch some good ones. We'll be expecting truthful pics!

TIRES:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Dont worry we have the dinamyte already LOL... Yeah i know keeps me busy but i was looking forward to chilling out, mabey doing somemore fishing etc.. Oh well
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Blog Entries

Yeah...but you'll "feel" better getting some things done.

....And two military guys??? Ha! That lake will have C4 strategically placed in several locations.

TIRES:

Blog Entries

Working Sat. and Mon. only four hrs each but it is still work.

2002 Suburban 4x4 LS 9 Passenger
    1991 Ford F-150

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trapstud View Post
    Working Sat. and Mon. only four hrs each but it is still work.
    Ugh....and alternating work days as well makes it even worse. Well, hopefully you'll get some time off when the rest are back to work....and avoid the crowds as well.

TIRES:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast