GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: what to do???

Default what to do???

heres the plan in the next nine months im going to either turn my 6.0 into a 408 stroker and put a bigger stall in my truck... option two is better heads, a mild cam, and a six speed transmission swap with an stage 2 or 3 clutch.... both of these would be great but not sure which to go with.....
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune ... 320rwhp

Sr. Apprentice

Either way you go, the stock heads on the new GM Motors flow really well, at least from most of the bench testing i've seen. Instead of dropping the dough for an entirely new set, i'd recommend just finding a shop to do a good port and polish of the stock heads. I've wanted to do the six speed swap in the truck but since I just bought a second car that is a stick i'll probably leave that bit alone. How many miles are on your 6.0 right now? Either way sounds like fun and best of luck with whatever you choose.

Adam - Wherever the Navy puts me
    2007 Chevy Silverado Regular Cab
    22x10 KMC LO-FI w/ 305/40R22 Yokohama Avids
    Ground Force 2"/4" Lowering Kit
    Eagle Eye Projector "Halo" Headlights
    RECON smoked tail lights
    RECON smoked third brake light
    De-Lettered
    De-Molded
    5.3L V8 Flex Fuel
    Banks Power Ram-Air Intake
    TEA Stage 1.5 Heads
    Comp Cams 54-450-11
    Dynatech Full Length headers
    Dynatech Intermediate pipe with hi-flow cats
    2.5" Single-in, Dual-out Magnaflow muffler
    296 rwhp
    306 ft-lb torque

There is a little over 80k on it now that i just drove from central florida to central california with it. As far as the heads go i need to keep in mind what the compression will go to if i change them. In the long run i will be running boost and eventually going to a 408 stroker i need to make sure that heads i put on will be able to work with that.