GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What does EVERYONE think about this 1 Piece GRILLE ???

I have been thinking about buying this grille off of Ebay for a few months now. The Grille is a 1 piece replacement and requires no cutting or drilling what so ever. The grille is $305 and free shipping and the grille looks just like the RBP grille it's black mesh grille with gloss black border with chrome rivets. I was thinking about adding a Black bowtie in the middle of it when i buy it in a few months? Let me know what you think it would look like!

I'm just trying to try things different than other's so my truck stands out since i dont want my truck to be like other peoples. I think the black bowtie in the middle would look really good.. Let me know what you guy's think!
    Last edited by Rockstarrchevy81; 09-02-2011 at 04:40 PM.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$(KGrHqMOKpgE25e-8IPMBNw4VK87zQ~~_12.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	29845This is what the grille looks like and is Very Similar to the RBP..

Sr. Engineer

Looks fairly industrial to me and not a very flatering picture so it is hard to tell. Is there a picture of it installed on a truck like yours? From the mods mentioned in your signature, it may be a very good fit
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Yes here is a picture of it on a truck like mine. You will have to scroll down and you will see it a lil ways down the page.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-11...item27bac86156

Jr. Engineer
    Reidsville, North Carolina, United States

I think it would look good dont see many trucks with a grill like that
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Craig\My Documents\Downloads[/IMG]T Tuff Country Leveling Kit 285/75/16 Mickey Thompson MTZ 16x8 Moto Metal 951 Wheels Tow Mirrors Westin Winch Tray Pioneer Radio Blackout Bowtie Billet Grill Insert Gullwing Toolbox

Don't really care for it myself, looks like it came off of an old Stock car. Reminds me of the mesh grilles they used on the old Lumina race cars only worse looking.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Don't really care for it myself, looks like it came off of an old Stock car. Reminds me of the mesh grilles they used on the old Lumina race cars only worse looking.
    Idk about that lol but this grille looks just like the RBP grille that is Black mesh with black border with rivets except it's $1,300 i'm assuming you don't know what RBP grille i'm talking about or even know of it i assume otherwise u would know they look similiar haha.

I know about RBP and the overpriced products they sell, they do have some nice looking wheels but they are expensive, and I have seen the grilles. I don't like them either. Just my opinion, but those grilles don't do anything for me, and your thread is titled "what does everyone think", so I said what I think. Nothing personal, just honest opinion.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I like the look very much BUT just becareful on one selling cheap. I have seen some cheap lookalikes that rusted on the rivits and other parts soon after the owner installed it..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I like the look very much BUT just becareful on one selling cheap. I have seen some cheap lookalikes that rusted on the rivits and other parts soon after the owner installed it..
    Yeah that's my only concern is the rivets maybe rusting? They also make one in all Chrome mesh and the outer border chrome with rivets but i think it maybe would rust and i don't like the look of it anyway i'm going for a more blacked out look on my truck. They also maye one that's all black mesh grille witn No rivets but it looks cheap compared to this one.

I was thinking about getting it painted if anything started rusting or chipping or flaking but wouldn't know how much it would cost.? My only concern is the rivets the black powdercoat not really worried about is there anyway i can stop the rivet's from rusting maybe something clear to coat them with?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by