GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Way off topic..........

Grynders havin no fun. Back in Jan of '06 I was diagnosed with a 5mm kidney stone and was hospitalized due to infections and damage to have it removed (5mm is a little to big to pass naturally, ouch !). So, last week when my lil Willy Wonka started dispersing the tell tale cherry koolaid again I high tailed it to the Dr. After some xrays and ultra sounds they came back with "yep, 'nother stone". This time it was 6mm but no infection or damage yet. The appt was made for outpatient surgery and it was supposed to be just a in and out procedure. Well yesterday I went in, they put me under but when they woke me up they said that they had a few problems. #1 was that the stone is not 6 mm but 9mm ! #2 was a blood clot that had formed in my kidney. They took care of the blood clot and tried chasing the stone but were unable to remove it. Today I go back in, AGAIN, get put under and they go get it. .......One way or another. In a LOT of pain right now and unsure what the next few day's will bring. Just needed to vent a little, Thanx for listening and I'll be back when all this is over.

Grynder
    2003 Chevy 2500HD
    4x4, Extra cab, 4 dr,
    8.1L (496 cube's !), Allison Auto
    Boy's, I said above the canyon wall's.
    Strong eye's did glow......
    It was the leader of the land baby,
    Oh my God...
    "THE GREAT WHITE BUFFALLO"

Legend

Best of luck Grynder. I hope your next visit brings you much comfort, and no further complications.

Hope you feel better soon. And feel free to vent on here anytime you need.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Yikes! Hope you get healed up soon. Catch up on some

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

good luck with your surgery. take care of yourself when you get out
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

yikes! We had a guy in here go through that last year ... no fun. Cheer up, it will feel better after it stops hurting.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

just take it easy, get all the vicodin you can, and get some rest...and stop getting kidney stones
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

First off, thanks for all the well wishes ! I was feelin pretty down and just wanted to vent a little without giving the wife more to deal with, she had been up all night with our daughter who gave birth to a baby girl at 5:30 am the morning of my first attempt. So thanks everyone for listening !

Second, I'm home and doin ok.......sore as the ****ens but ok.

This time around they used shock waves and got it to break up. Doc say's I'll be passin pieces for a few weeks.... : (
    Wasnt too bad the second time around, they still knocked me out for it but wow those must be some strong waves. I've got a 3" spot of road rash on my back from it and a baseball sized welt around it.
    Gonna be driving the lazy boy all weekend it looks like...... : )

So, me, doin ok and on the mend.

New grand daughter, 7 lbs 3 oz and doin great with her mommy n daddy.

My wife, bless her heart. She's been a rock (no pun intended..lol) through all this and I cant imagine what I would do without her. In the last 3 days she's spent 12 hrs with our daughter in labor and made 2 trips to the hospital with me for 2 out patient surgery's, not to mention caring for me afterwards. As soon as this blows over, at the very least she's getting a nice quite dinner somewhere and a night on the town. She's been a real hero through all this.

Thanx again for listening all !
    G.

Legend

Man, I hated passing stones when they're like one a year. Passing them for weeks?! I don't think I could do that, but then what choice do you have, right?
    That sucks. Hopefully they got them so small you'll only notice the occasional stone here and there. Nothing like trying to pass a load of gravel.

Drink lots of water, and breathe deeply. I've been down that road, but not the severity you're doing right now, so if you ever need someone to commiserate with you, let me know.

Blog Entries

I'm a fellow Stoner as well. Twice in my lifetime I have had stones and the pain brings you to your knees and you break out in a sweat. I feel for you Brother so take it easy and it's a good thing you have such a supportive family surrounding you!
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

I had one last year it was 2mm Iíve seen all the corners of my house on hand and knees so I can't imagine what you are feeling now
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by