GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    GM was big on that cladding back in the early 2000s. My Aztek had cladding that was mounted with 3M tape.
    I had a 98 Pontiac Montana with cladding all the way around also.

My Avalanche is the EXTREME WBH...lol A lot of the WBH models would still have the door molding strips and/or the fender flares, but as you can see in the pics, I don't have any of that, and that is how it came.

I just consider it a NEKKID AV...lol
    2004 Chevrolet Avalanche Z66 WBH, AVS smoked rain guards, AVS smoked bug shield, Bose 6-disk CD changer, Bully Fire Strip w/ Sequential turn, 6 on-high, amber DRLs, tinted euro tails, Pace Setter Performance Dual Exhaust, K&N CAI, GlowShift gauges in dual pillar pod.

Quote Originally Posted by ARMYtango View Post
    I had a 98 Pontiac Montana with cladding all the way around also.

My Avalanche is the EXTREME WBH...lol A lot of the WBH models would still have the door molding strips and/or the fender flares, but as you can see in the pics, I don't have any of that, and that is how it came.

I just consider it a NEKKID AV...lol
    Your Av looks great! The front looks like my 03 Silverado, which I really liked. The other avalanches are nice too... I am just not a fan of the wheel openings with the flat tops. I don't so much mind the grille/lights on them tho.

I can already see that when I get mine, it will have to come into the shop for some metal work on the rear to put on '03 style tail lights. Not a fan of the swept tail light lenses on the sides.

This also has me thinking about taking am OBS suburban and making it into an Avalanche. That would be a cool project too! I saw one where someone attempted it on a mid 80s body Suburban. It looked like crap though. It looked like it had been cobbed together in someones back yard...
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Your Av looks great!
    Thank you! Most of the mods I have done with it have to do with lighting, and there are still some lights I want to add, but give it time and there will be a lot of physical improvements to her also.

This also has me thinking about taking am OBS suburban and making it into an Avalanche. That would be a cool project too! I saw one where someone attempted it on a mid 80s body Suburban. It looked like crap though. It looked like it had been cobbed together in someones back yard...
    I think I have seen that pic online somewhere also...and I agree, it looks like some redneck had some time...and a couple old trucks...to play with. lol

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Post the Pic.....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 030 (Custom) (Custom).jpg 
Views:	2443 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	43122You don't like these?
    Last edited by Enkeiavalanche; 08-21-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post

I was wondering the same thing... All of the 2002-2006 avalanches have the same tail lights.

My Avalanche is the EXTREME WBH...lol A lot of the WBH models would still have the door molding strips and/or the fender flares, but as you can see in the pics, I don't have any of that, and that is how it came
    Mine is the same way. My research shows that the trim stirs down the side were part of what gm called the protection package. It wasn't popular here, but those trim parts were standard on the regular trucks. It's a bit strange. Anyway, I like not having them... Other than it gets more door dings this way.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

That is one BEAUTIFUL rig!

Legend

Thanks It was... :( I miss it.. A full 5.1 award winning sound System Tons of Mods. I miss it....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 001 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	43146Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 023 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	43147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	florida truck pics 026 (Custom).jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	43148She went everywhere from Canada to Daytona Beach.... Sold for $17K with 135K on it..

Legend

Sweet ride Welcome......

Default Nice Looking Truck.

Nice looking truck. I wish I could get an exhaust like that but I don't think I would be able to afford it so I am just thinking about dumping it. I will put so pic's of truck here soon all tho it is bone stock but I can just make a photo call of all the work and mods I do with it. :D

They keep saying the right person will come. I think mine is my truck.

"No offense" means "I'm about to insult you,but don't get mad."