GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default U.S. Army Custom Grille Emblem Design/ Idea i'm thinking about gettin made!

I have a idea for the Paramount Restyling Black Evolution Grille that's the RBP look alike that is all black with chrome rivetss. I have been looking online and have seen that they are a 1 piece replacement and fit just like the stock grille shell. The pic's i uploaded recently on the grille look nothing like the actual pic's i have seen on other trucks with the grille i must say i'm impressed for the price $305.

Anyways about the Custom Grille Emblem to go in the middle of the 1 piece grille i have contacted someone who can make me some custom emblems and at a vair price. The emblem is gonna be the Star logo just like the RBP grille emblem except is goin to be powdercoated gloss black and the outline of the star is gonna be chrome to go along with the grille. The U.S. Army is gonna be cut out or punched out inside the star. I plan on not coloring the outline of the punch out of the U.S. Army but if anyone knows what color would look right and not look cheesy let me know.

I havent heard back from the guy but i'm sure the Emblem is gonna cost a good bit but i think it will be worth it in the end. I want a emblem that represents the Military since i'm in it without breaking any rules by copying other brand grille. I have been debating if he could maybe add a small thin piece of metal or aluminum or even plastic something to put behind the U.S Army cutout and have it maybe dipped in a pattern of the Digital Camo so they background is the same color of our uniforms. Anyone let me know what you think i just wanna do something different. Thanks, Jake

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

I love this idea! I think a black and silver emblem or the digital camo would look great! I thought about military green for a second but then I realized that might clash with all the rest of your truck being black. Would be cool if you could do some photoshop work and give us an idea of what it might look like!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I love this idea! I think a black and silver emblem or the digital camo would look great! I thought about military green for a second but then I realized that might clash with all the rest of your truck being black. Would be cool if you could do some photoshop work and give us an idea of what it might look like!
    Yeah man i'm just trying something different and not cheesy since part of my life is the military and this would be a nice mod to make the grille look even better and even more custom. The site that will be doing it or should i say i asked him to do it since they make custom emblem and logos for allot of things. The website is www.billetbadges.com only reason i found it because i was looking around to see where a reliable site could possibly make this for me. I'm going to pay good money to get it paid so i don't want it half assed if you know what i mean so i think they are legit. Yeah i would like the Star emblem to be a cutout piece of chrome so when they get ready to paint they could just tape of the outline to keep it chrome then powdercoat it gloss black but i like the idea of silver also with how my truck is setup. The Digital cammo seems like it could be a simple mod on plastic,metal or aluminum but a very thin piece to put on the back of the emblem to sit flush so the cutout of U.S. Army will appear in the digital cammo which is a great idea i think!

I'm still not sure if the emblem would look best in the middle of the grille or possibly on the sides of the grille but i'm leaning to just put it in the middle of the grille. I'm sure he can fab something to make the emblem easy to put on the grille without a hassle hopefully. Idk how i came up with this idea because i have never seen or heard of this done before and that's what i like the most is being different and standing out than doing the exact what other's are doing with ther trucks. I was thinking of maybe doing something for the back tailgate emblem but not sure of what to do just yet. I think i will leave the back emblem alone and probably take it off to not put too much of the custom look on the truck the grille is enough i think it will stand out more just doing the front grille emblem.

I'm actually thinking of also getting a badge like this done but the Desert edition want just be black like this one maybe i want it the same digital camo color patterin inside of the lettering and can put those where my gm logo's went on the side of the door's and instead of chrome do the powdercoated gloss black would look very nice!

This is some truck badges he made. He makes custom emblems and badges.

Last edited by Rockstarrchevy81; 09-05-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I saw a MB GLK the other day BUT all the MB emblems were gone they were all USMC on the truck grille and tailgate. Looked sweet...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Yeah man i really trust this guy to do the work since his stuff has been in magazines and happy customers and really good designs.

Not that the truck already isn't one of a kind. But i think that the emblem would really set the truck off. Digital Camo would be a first choice for me, I think that it would really sit well with the black, make it stand out nicely. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product.

Have you thought of getting the piece machined and then sending it off to get dipped? I dont know if it would be cheaper or not... just a thought

2010 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black Leather Interior
    6" Fab Tech Lift Kit
    BDS Front Skid Plate
    35 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Aftermarket Fender Flares
    20 Inch Mamba Rims
    Big Country Step Rails
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust
    Chrome Chevy Stamped Exhaust Tips
    TOFF Spray in Bedliner
    Billet Front Chevy Bow Tie
    1% tint all the way around, 70% on front window

Quote Originally Posted by pray1140 View Post
    Not that the truck already isn't one of a kind. But i think that the emblem would really set the truck off. Digital Camo would be a first choice for me, I think that it would really sit well with the black, make it stand out nicely. I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of the finished product.

Have you thought of getting the piece machined and then sending it off to get dipped? I dont know if it would be cheaper or not... just a thought
    Yeah idk how much it is gonna run me yet but i'm sure it's gonna be prob. atleast $200 or so. The guy makes really nice badges and emblem and different shapes on his site and also can have complete custom one's done, that's what i ordered but it's more for that hopefully not much. I make a Order online and explained everything how i want it and filled everything they were asking to give me a price quote and how long it will take. The grille i'm gonna buy sometime here in a few months or but the emblem and badge i'm gonna have already made for the grille. The badge i want is custom 2" wide and 5" long that says Desert Edition and the lettering will be a silverish/Greyish color but i was also thinking of getting the Digital sand camo done too the "Desert" it's a brown pattern like the uniforms and the "Edition" have the digital cammo in the greenish brown design. Hopefully he can pull this off for me and it will look pretty good. I have a few ideas i just described just in case he can't do the camo but i sure hope he can!

The Star is like the RBP but isn't cutout how there's its just a solid one and podercoated gloss black. Inside the star i want U.S. Army and a small star in the middle. I want the same coloring as the desert edition badge but like i said if he can't do that i'' have to settle with the silverish/greyish color. I also was thinking about the outline of the Star half the outline in desert camo and other half regular digital camo just the outline of the grille emblem star that would even be sicker! I hope he can do everything because this is a great idea i came up with nd never seen or heard anyone have this kind of grille!

I like it, sounds awesome man. Any idea on how long all that will take?

Quote Originally Posted by pray1140 View Post
    I like it, sounds awesome man. Any idea on how long all that will take?
    I actually just got home and called them about 30 min ago! I was basically asking if the design would be a problem and from my understanding they will just about do any design you throw at them! They made some for the UFC fighter matt hughes for his truck and they have pic's online you should check it out. I also was asking how long it would take them to get a email reply and just making sure that they got it, they received all the info and said will be a day or two when they will reply back with everything on my email! I also asked them how long it would take because i'm getting the Grille emblem and the badge done in 1 order. They told me that when they email me that they will confirm everything about the design and can change things at that time if i wanted too and will also let me know about the Digital camo design which is gonna be sick if they pull it off. After all this is done they told me they would send it and do the designs like i want to and email me pic's and everything to confirm it before painting them. I will confirm i like the design and exactly like i want and all can be done and shipped too my door within 3 weeks or so! I'm not in a hurry at all i want the emblems before i get the grille in a few months so i can put it all together at 1 time! I'm very anxious and excited about this and think this will be the best mod i have ever done! I will def. post pic's when they send them to me before paint and then when i receive them i am looking forward to this more than anything i think haha.

Also you can send pic's of designs that you want and even have them drawn out and they will design it for you. I think after this order i might get another Badge for the tailgate that say's Desert Edition and was thinking about side badges but i don't think i will or not i don't wanna put too many on the truck wouldn't look as good. I think you should give them a call and make a design and you don't pay anything until your happy with the design!

Those badges he has made are awesome! I bet your pumped about this! That desert edition is pretty sweet too. I like where your going with this. A good idea and your keeping it in moderation. I like good clean additions like this. And best part the meaning behind it all.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by