GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Buddys and I went out and had some fun.

Me and a pal of mine decided we wanted to play off road a but today, so we went out for some fun. A pal of his met us were we went ( some trails off in the woods on post, more on that later) ran around for a while, didnt get stuck, tried running up a few sand hills. couldn't on one, made it up another, ran around for a bit, found one trail that was VERY narrow and tight with twists and turns. Almost took out the back right side of the bed of my truck. had about 3 inches to play with.

anyways, my buddy had his 99 stepside Z71, and his buddy and a 03 trailblazer 4x4. the guy with the trailblazer found a wet spot that had about 18 inches of water in it. he made it thru and back again ok, then showed us were it was, he tried it again and got stuck. fell in some ruts and high centered. got out my log chain, hooked up and all i did was spin, so my buddy hooked on to my trucks rear bumper with the other strap I have and we pulled him off together. then he proceded to go thru the hole, then I went. after i got to the other side, all the sudden my truck started idleing rough, and didnt have any power. I was kinda freaked out thinking that I sucked water into the air intake, so I popped the hood and felt the filter, it felt mostly dry, so I just let the truck idle for a bit and it was fine.

My guess is that I had water in the exhaust and thats what was causing it to run funny, water was deeper on right side so the right tip would have been under as I came out. figure it ran into the other side of the exhaust system once the truck leveled out when I stopped.

so we want back thru the water and made our way out ( had been an hour or so) and what do ya know, mister Military police was sitting there waiting for us. aparently the whole area is considering a training area and off limits to none military vehicles.

he let us off with a "Don't let me catch you guys in there again."

fair enough, my thought was tho, no locked gates, or even just shut ones, no signs saying you can't, so as far as we knew, on a sunday when nobodys back there doing anything, whats the issue?

not like we went ANYWHERE near the EOD range, we stayed well away from that.

anyhow, the carnage was a dented nerf bar from a stone, and a tweaked mudflap. gota remount that tomorrow when I wash the truck and itll be good as new, more or less.

no pics, sorry.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Sounds like a great day of wheeling. We've all run into the cops while off roading at one point or another, it happens lol.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Sounds like fun!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Everybody drives out and little carnage sounds like a good trip, but I'm with you, no shut or locked gates and no signs on a sunday that shouldnt be a big deal.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Carnage can be fun, UNTIL you have to fix it or worse pay someone to fix it.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses: