GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hope to share my Van Pics and 56 Chev if size allows [Expired Topic]

My 97 Chevy Express 1500 Van Geneva Conversion w. toys! 5.7 Powerplant
    Last edited by trucknkid; 08-29-2007 at 05:46 PM. Reason: had same info twice

Quote Originally Posted by trucknkid View Post
    My Van is very nice, yes i was worried about fuel economy but after a short trip to Chicago, I found my calculation to be spot on round trip, with maybe 30 extra Mi. goofin off a bit, seeing old haunts which by the way (South commons) of 29th and King Drive. I was disappointed, how sad to see places which were once clean and vibrant now look like everyday row-houses, I am glad not to live in Chi-town, whatever happened to the pride the communities once had? the Blockclubs etc. all I saw for the most part was fools hangin out trying to sell whatever!.
    Ok, I went saw came back on two-hundred bones had a catfish dinner too! my 97 has the 5.7 Vortec, just replaced the waterpump, and want to do own plug change, the 56 is sold sadly it was that or has daughter n kids come stay with us until...well anyway I pissed vinegar for a while on that on Kid!
    couldnt get pics up here that sucks, but it's free so what can I say, write me if you'd like some cool Semi, Bike, and a few car pics like my current Geneva Van and late 56.

Chow Bigrick
    Upload your pics to the gallery and then post your pics in your message.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

We always love pics
    Post them like Steve described.
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Default What was your trip mpg with the 5.7?

trucknkid, what sort of mpg did you get on the trip?I bought a 1998 Suburban(5.7 2wd-200,000 miles) 2 months ago and I'm kinda curious what sort of mpg I will get.It has the same drivetrain as your van,so I expect it would be maybe 2 mpg better on the hy because it has a little less aero drag than your van.I get 12-13mpg in pure city driving(not bad-my Pilot 3.6 v-6 1000 lbs lighter-only got 13-14 same driving).I'm guessing I'll get about 17 mpg or so on the interstate at 70+mph.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

Hey Charlies the best I can tell ya is that my Van is a 97 with a 5.7 powerunit, avg 18MPG on highway, I also use GPS when in a town like Chicago although I grewup there I had to reroute aroute the Nothern end off Lincoln & 94 to the Southside took an extra 45Mins. all together I spent under 200 bucks which was great because I had to visit an ol Trucker friend I grew up with! an money is an object when ya gotta work from paycheck to paycheck so-around 430 Mi. (Lasing Il final dest.) & back to Minnesota. hope that helps Bud!

Cool My Van

New to this Forum thing sorry about wasting some spc. hope this works Sweet running unit, the only downside No Doghouse! has anyone ever added an aftermkt one in there Van to access engine upper rear if so what Mods etc. send me your Van Pics if ya like to brick7985@msn.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1van.jpg   !cid_003701c7e9c7$d5bcc370$3F494CE0@rictanyauxnwyv.jpg   4Van.jpg   5Van.jpg  
    Last edited by trucknkid; 08-29-2007 at 05:52 PM. Reason: You Got Pic's!

Hi Trucknkid,
    Nice Van you have there, you can have a look at mine in the picture gallery look in the member section under Davandy.
    Keep on trucking