GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Muffler poll!

Default Muffler poll!

Ok here it is! I need some help from y'all. I've had my true dual exhaust on with dual glass packs for over two years now. I love that its loud but to be honest it just snaps and claps way to much and makes it sound cheap. I can take a little clap but this is to where there is no deep rumble, just snap. I've decided its time for a new muffler! I've looked at flowmaster 40 series and dynomax ultra-flo welded series because I still want it to be loud! What mufflers is everyone else running and what suggestions do you have?! Thanks!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Flowmaster Super 44 very aggresive sound. I enjoy mine

2010 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black Leather Interior
    6" Fab Tech Lift Kit
    BDS Front Skid Plate
    35 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Aftermarket Fender Flares
    20 Inch Mamba Rims
    Big Country Step Rails
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust
    Chrome Chevy Stamped Exhaust Tips
    TOFF Spray in Bedliner
    Billet Front Chevy Bow Tie
    1% tint all the way around, 70% on front window

How's the drone on the interstate?

I live in Orlando, Florida. but I am currently working in Cleveland, Ohio
    Blog Entries

I have had flowmaster mufflers on both of my trucks wont use any other brand best bang for the buck!
    2002 Chevy S-10 ZR2

How's the drone on the interstate?
    I have had it two ways.

1) Dumped right at the cab//bed break- Very Loud, Especially while you are on the Highway. It was almost to the point that I could not really carry on a conversation while i was driving.

2) I ran straight pipes out the back- Still a very aggressive loud sound, but you were not completely drowned out. Definitely could still hear it in the cab of the truck, but still listen to the radio and carry on a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by jccraveswaves View Post
    I have had flowmaster mufflers on both of my trucks wont use any other brand best bang for the buck!
    Thanks! Thats really what I'm leaning towards. Anytime I hear a good sounding truck I ask them what they've got and usually they say flowmaster! Plus it helps they are cheaper than the others!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pray1140 View Post
    I have had it two ways.

1) Dumped right at the cab//bed break- Very Loud, Especially while you are on the Highway. It was almost to the point that I could not really carry on a conversation while i was driving.

2) I ran straight pipes out the back- Still a very aggressive loud sound, but you were not completely drowned out. Definitely could still hear it in the cab of the truck, but still listen to the radio and carry on a conversation.
    Yeah I can see where right under the cab sure would be loud. Right now I've got mine out the back and I've got no drone at all. Its strange for such a loud truck I can't hear it on the interstate at all!

On my 95 I have dual Flowmaster 40's and I love them. Loud when I want them to be, quiet when I want that. On my Sierra, I have a knock off Ebay brand version of Flowmaster's 10 series, which is a 1 chamber muffler. I have it turned out to the side, exiting just before the pass. rear tire. It's the same thing as the Flowmasters on my 95, loud on demand, but quiet anytime else. My dual 40's are louder than my 1 chamber because I don't have cats on that truck, but the 1 chamber is way more deep than the 40's. Its all about what the system consists of. Headers? Aftermarket pipe? High flow cats? ETC ETC. To give an example, I had a guy bring a dodge scsb with the 5.7 into my shop today. It sounded super aggressive and deep. He had some crappy muffler on it, but some ceramic coated headers and 3in pipe leading into that muffler.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

I have a Flowmaster also but I have a 50 series. It of course is not as loud as the 40 but it is deeper and I love it. I rather have that deep tone then loud IMO plus ppl that ask me about it love the way it sounds, but I agree with the others flowmaster is the way to go
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Yeah I've always wanted headers but just haven't been able to justify them yet. Especially since the plan is by next summer to have a turbo on my truck so that will require a new exhaust system anyways! I haven't talked about that plan much though!

Thanks for the help Chrome! I may have to look up some videos and compare the 40 and 50 series to see what I like best!

got a super 40 on mine, dual tips out the back, nice and lowd when you romp on it, quiet other wise. couple RPM bands where it drones a bit, but I just dont drive there to much. :-D

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by