GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Muffler poll!

I was the first one to get Flowmaster Super 44 in my area. I dont know who was more excited to hear the sound me or the guy who was putting the mufflers on. After they were put on a guy, waiting for an install after me, who originally wanted Flowmaster 50 series changed his mind, and asked me if he could ride with the installer to hear how much sound was in the cab. As they both got out of the truck it was nothing but smiles from all three of us.

Needless to say the installer said that he was going to order alot more of the mufflers. Since then he said that he cant keep them in stock.

2010 Chevrolet Silverado
    Black Leather Interior
    6" Fab Tech Lift Kit
    BDS Front Skid Plate
    35 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Aftermarket Fender Flares
    20 Inch Mamba Rims
    Big Country Step Rails
    Custom Flowmaster Exhaust
    Chrome Chevy Stamped Exhaust Tips
    TOFF Spray in Bedliner
    Billet Front Chevy Bow Tie
    1% tint all the way around, 70% on front window

Legend

My beast had a magnaflow and I hated it, tons of drone, it rotted in under 3 years so I had a flo-pro put on, love it! Betty throttle feel with it, no drone and way better sound, my mule however I will be going with a flowmaster Super 10!
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Ok here it is! I need some help from y'all. I've had my true dual exhaust on with dual glass packs for over two years now. I love that its loud but to be honest it just snaps and claps way to much and makes it sound cheap. I can take a little clap but this is to where there is no deep rumble, just snap. I've decided its time for a new muffler! I've looked at flowmaster 40 series and dynomax ultra-flo welded series because I still want it to be loud! What mufflers is everyone else running and what suggestions do you have?! Thanks!

I tell you what, I have always been a huge fan of Flowmasters. I have had them on my 71 Chevelle for almost 10 years, they still sound as good as when I first got them. To me, glass packs are only good on old Lead Sleds, but that is just my point of view. On anything else I would go with Flowmasters, they are high quality and sound amazing.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Well haha sounds like my mind is made up!! Thanks guys!! I bet you can guess what I'm going with!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Sr. Apprentice

Well since nobody will speak up for Magnaflow, I guess I will. I'm running a simple single in dual out magnaflow muffler and I really enjoy the way it sounds. I liked it more when I didn't have cats on the truck but it still sounds good. I don't get drone in the cab and cruising at 70 mph it's relatively quiet. As for the quality of the muffler, it still looks great and I've had it on for 2 1/2 years. Nothing against Flowmaster because I think they sound great, but I decided to go with something not everyone else had (as evidenced by this thread )

Adam - Wherever the Navy puts me
    2007 Chevy Silverado Regular Cab
    22x10 KMC LO-FI w/ 305/40R22 Yokohama Avids
    Ground Force 2"/4" Lowering Kit
    Eagle Eye Projector "Halo" Headlights
    RECON smoked tail lights
    RECON smoked third brake light
    De-Lettered
    De-Molded
    5.3L V8 Flex Fuel
    Banks Power Ram-Air Intake
    TEA Stage 1.5 Heads
    Comp Cams 54-450-11
    Dynatech Full Length headers
    Dynatech Intermediate pipe with hi-flow cats
    2.5" Single-in, Dual-out Magnaflow muffler
    296 rwhp
    306 ft-lb torque

For those of you like me who don't know what drone sounds like here is a good video.

This is a 2005 Nissan Titan. You can hear the drone about 2:25. I had to turn my speakers all the way up to notice it or you can use headphones. It is annoying as hell.

Jared:glasses:
    2003 Bi-Fuel 2500HD CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 40 MPG)
    2003 Bi-Fuel Cavalier CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 90 MPG)
    2011 Traverse

I had magnaflow on my 2001 2500 Hd and i loved it

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Anyone got any specific advice if you don't have a big honkin engine. I have an old 305 in my 91. I was planning on getting new duals put on. Right now I'm running factory and it's barely audible. I want something deep but not extremely loud. I read in the thread someone recommended flowmaster Super 44's and the 50 series. The guy who's going to be putting them on is recommending a 40 series. Do you think I'd be happy with that considering what I want? Thanks guys.
    91 K1500, 4x4.
    It's not fancy, but it still looks pretty good and runs hard...
    kind-of like me.

Blog Entries

Here's my Flowmaster 40 with the 4.8 liter:

Need to get a new video of it. I personally think it sounds better now that it's been on there for awhile.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Jr. Apprentice

Well i have a silverado 2010 5.3 i installed spin-tech on my ride it sounds amazing i normally fallow something not everyone has so when people ask me they are like never heard of the brand but they do love how my truck sounds really aggressive