GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Need Help Ordering LED's

hey guys i'm needing some help and places to order some LED lights. its for my 2002 tahoe. i went to my local shops and looked today but they didn't have any. also my question is can i pull the light bulb out of the housing or do i need to get the new twist locks?? i'm looking at superbrightleds.com but i'm not sure which ones to order. can anyone help me please? i wanting to order them soon since i have my truck tore apart at the moment!!!! here is what i'm working with......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light bulb.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	30021

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Master Mechanic

hope i ordered the right thing just order 6 bulbs and twist locks from superbrightleds.com. i ordered these http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...s%2F74_t15.htm the 120 degree bulbs. they are coming from St. Louis MO which is only an hour from me so hopefully i ordered the right ones and they should be here pretty quick next week.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that link says they fit type 74 bulbs, which are considerably smaller than the bulbs in your cluster (although I think there might be a couple of 74's for warning lights and such). You would need lights that work to replace type 194 bulbs.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Master Mechanic

well F*CK!!!!! i hate ordering stuff online that i'm not sure about.... everything on the superbright website says 195 and 194's are glove box lights. can someone help me out here i can't seem to find what i'm needing. i want to replace the 6 gaugle cluster bulbs....
    Last edited by lancer; 09-11-2011 at 03:40 PM.

You need 194 bulbs for the gauges - that I can guarantee since I have did them myself when I had the '01 Silverado. Check out my write-up on swapping them for pretty much all the information you will need.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...auge-Bulb-Swap

pmy608 has got it right. You ordered the wrong bulbs my friend. I did this swap on my 92 Sonoma back a couple years ago, even it used the 194's I was able to find a semi local guy and got them for a decent price. but super brightleds.com or whatever it is is also a good site which I may be ordering some MAP LED lights off of. Which by the way you might want to do at the same time you order your new 194's to complete your look.
    2010 Sierra Nevada Edition
    4.8L Ext. cab - Black Z85 4x4 G80
    Shaved a couple badges and 4x4 stickers, DeeZee Red label Low Pro gloss black Brite plate cross box,DeeZee gloss black Brite plate bed rail caps , K&N,more to come.

Master Mechanic

ya i ordered the wrong ones. they came in today so i could use 4 of the 6 for the blinkers, cruise and its a got a brighter bright light now. i've got a few more questions now. has anyone changed the heater controls, 4x4, and light switch lights? they are really really small bulbs.

thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Lancer, If you read through the thread I linked to earlier about my LED swap, you will find all the information you need for the climate controls and a lot of info on the headlight switch. Everything else will be similar to the climate controls in that they are soldered onto circuit boards and to replace them you need to remove the existing lights and solder on new LEDs with the correct resistors.

In my thread, the info on the climate controls is in post #28 and the info on the headlight switch is distributed throughout a few posts somewhere between roughly post #30 and post #60.