GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Compnine is Now....

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Today I went to the Web Site......Compnine and they are now charging monthly fees to use their Web Site's Services and Information.

Link to Compnine,
    https://www.compnine.com/signup.php#

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Whats compnine???

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Whats compnine???
    Nathan......You could go to Compnine's Web Site.....and you would be able to enter your Trucks Vin#.....and it would download what your truck came with from the Factory, including the RPO Codes from what Engine to the Color of your interior, you could also get/find what recalls your trucks has......and it had Wiring Diagram's for the whole Vehicle and Diagram's of Every part on your Vehicle.....IMO it was the Best Site to get Information about any Vehicle out There......and last all of the Items I've mentioned you could get for Free, but Sadly Not any More.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-14-2011 at 09:19 PM.

thats really disappointing that compnine isnt free anymore - it was a great tool. I've run all of my (and my family's) vehicles through there to look up the RPOs and little detail features. When I got my F350, I was able to run the VIN on it too and find out the easy way what axle ratio it has and what features it was built with.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    thats really disappointing that compnine isnt free anymore - it was a great tool. I've run all of my (and my family's) vehicles through there to look up the RPOs and little detail features. When I got my F350, I was able to run the VIN on it too and find out the easy way what axle ratio it has and what features it was built with.
    I couldn't Agree with you anymore Peter......It was a GREAT Tool!!!

Wow!!! And I missed it!!!! :(

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    Wow!!! And I missed it!!!! :(
    Yep. You can still use the demo to see how it works with a 1995 Cadillac Deville though

huh, coulda used that a few times with my 03. oh well.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I spent-ed some time viewing Compnine.....and Now if someone wanted to get a the Built Date and a list of what Parts and what the RPO Codes are for those parts by enter their Vehicles Vin # Number......that can Not be done any more......but you still can get and View.....any Recalls....Service Bulletins....and Vin Decoder/RPO Finder.....and a few other items, those can be done without having to buy one of their monthly service fees..

Blog Entries

everyone has to make a buck but they should look at getting sponsorships and make the site free imho
    Clint
    Rockwall, Texas

2008 Suburban 4WD BEAST! plus a couple of other Chevy rides!