GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Odd noise when turning/braking.

Obviously on my truck, when Im doing 10-15 and turn hard left (90 degree corner, almost full lock on wheel, maybe 1/4-1/3 from stop) Im hearing this odd grinding noise left front wheel. Lug nuts are tight, dosn't seem to be play in the bearing, wondering what else it could be.

CV boots are sealed, no grease or anything any place, all suspension pieces look to be in order, and the funny thing is, its not all the time.

I have a hard time hearing it do to tire and engine noise.

plan on taking it to the shop tomorrow and tearing it apart ( auto craft shop on post 5 bucks and use THEIR tools ;-D )

one other thing is when I had the wheel off today to look at it, the hub turns really hard, I know they dont free wheel, but I really had to push to get it to turn... something in the brakes?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

got it all apart this morning, turns out one of the slide pins for the brake calipers was completly seized. broke it loose, cleaned it up with a wire wheel, threw some grease at it, put everthing all back together and it all turns much nicer now.

sad part was when I got back in the truck, I turned the key and click. nothing-nada. battery was dead from having the radio on for 2 hours. threw the tester on it, and the battery was shot. got a jump, ran to autozone, $100 later, nice new autocraft gold with 800 CCA put in and on my merry way.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

glad to hear it was a simple fix. the battery thing sucks though
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member