GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need new fishing pole

I need a good saltwater pole for fishing off the boat. Anyone have any advice? Fishing in the Sound is good this time of year for Blues and Bass. You can also fish for flounder, porgies and others. I'm new to saltwater fishing, but have done some freshwater fishing.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

not a clue, let me know what you get and how you like it tho, been toying with getting into saltwater here on the chesapeake.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    I need a good saltwater pole for fishing off the boat. Anyone have any advice? Fishing in the Sound is good this time of year for Blues and Bass. You can also fish for flounder, porgies and others. I'm new to saltwater fishing, but have done some freshwater fishing.
    Al.....Below is a Nice Rod/Reel setup,........its a Penn/Senator Salt Water fishing Rod/Reel.....which is for the kind of saltwater fishing you've mentioned......I'm not saying go out and buy this setup, but something along those lines,

Link to West Marine,
    PENN FISHING TACKLE Special Senator Conventional Saltwater Combos at West Marine

Edit.....Link to West Marine,
    Fishing - Rod & Reel Combos at West Marine
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-18-2011 at 08:15 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Mike: That's what I'm looking for, but maybe something a little cheaper. I'm not big on fishing...yet. If I get into it, I might invest in a setup like that. In the past, I've bought ugly sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    Mike: That's what I'm looking for, but maybe something a little cheaper. I'm not big on fishing...yet. If I get into it, I might invest in a setup like that. In the past, I've bought ugly sticks.
    Al.......I Added a link for the Whole line of Rod/Reels.......from West Marine, You should be able to find a Rod/Reel Setup that is going to be with-in your $$$$....Range................I've got a couple of the Ugly sticks, and put on a Penn Reel and this Combo does just find.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 09-18-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Thanks Mike! I'm going to a boat show next weekend so I'll see if they have anything like this setup.

Any feel for Shakespeare vs. Penn reels? My ugly stick has a Shakespeare which reels nicely.