GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1989 Chevy K2500 HID conversion

I was wondering if anyone has ever done an HID conversion on a 1989 Chevy K2500 with dual headlamps? I want to get HIDs but don't know what I need to do. On my old car, I just had to plug my HIDs into the existing lense and I was good, but I know I can't do that on my truck. Any help would be appreciated!

The majority of HID kits are plug 'n play (plug headlight power connector into ballast, plug HID bulb into headlight) could you maybe elaborate on why you are unable to do this? Are your headlights set up in a strange way? I've never heard of not being able to use HIDs in a K2500 due to the headlight setup.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    The majority of HID kits are plug 'n play (plug headlight power connector into ballast, plug HID bulb into headlight) could you maybe elaborate on why you are unable to do this? Are your headlights set up in a strange way? I've never heard of not being able to use HIDs in a K2500 due to the headlight setup.
    I can't just plug n play because the 89 has four individual composite headlamps. I can just replace bulbs, I have to replace the entire headlamp.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoChevy91 View Post
    I can't just plug n play because the 89 has four individual composite headlamps. I can just replace bulbs, I have to replace the entire headlamp.
    here's a picClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-21_19-03-56_659.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	30315

Gee, looks a lot like my truck!
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!