GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Glenn Cornell View Post
    I really just wanna out do my friends system, I know it won't take much though, but I also want something that'll last a lifetime and sound better than anything, besides competition participants, it comes up against. I like to drive around town, down the backroads, highways, anywhere I can, with the windows down and the music loud. I want people to be able to hear me at least 250 yards away but it still be as crisp and clear sounding as possible. I'm gonna save up for whatever I can/want. I have an '09 crew cab silverado 1500, and was actually wondering if I could fit 2 12's and an 8/10 under the back seat(subwoofer). But I'd also like to replace all the speakers and add more speakers.
    Are you competing in SPL events? If you want to be heard 250 yards away (maybe you meant feet?) you need a sub enclosure that is not your standard sub box under a back seat. You looking for a blow through or a wall set up maybe.

I have used Kicker and they are fantastic subs....they are loud (the squared subs) and can hit good SPL numbers. What Kicker is not is clean. I switched to JL Audio subs and the are also loud but also clean.

I do know guys who have 2 12 subs setups in extended and crew cabs that sound amazing but in every setup they have had to make sacrifices in the "space" deaprtment. Which means the back seats are not always comfortable for passengers anymore

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by surrealone View Post
    There's a big difference between 50 feet and the 250 YARDS (750 feet) that the OP wants ... exactly 15 times the distance worth of difference. Personally I consider loud, clean audio at 250 yards to be a ridiculous target unless you're building something like a football stadium, but hey, it's his money and truck ... and it's doable with enough time and cash.
    The right Amp and speakers will do the trick.. BUT adding too many speaker will be loud BUT Not clean....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    The right Amp and speakers will do the trick.. BUT adding too many speaker will be loud BUT Not clean....
    Oh I agree (as previously stated), it's doable. To do it right, though, where you hear not only bass but also mids and highs at 750 feet ... loudly and cleanly. That's not going to be cheap...

Sr. Apprentice

So what do y'all think I'm looking at price wise? I've been looking at Focal and I like all their stuff, but I haven't liked(just aesthetics) anyone who had a headunit. I'm not to worried about aesthetics.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

've got a nice head unit for sale. A great sounding and looking unit with Sirius Sat radio. And High 5 Volt output Fr/Rr/and Sub.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/f17...ner-new-74820/

But back to the other stuff... Focal's higher end is some great speakers. Just power them the right way and install them in the right local.

You said you have a 09 Crew cab right? A good 6 1/2 comp set for the front doors,A 5 1/4 comp set for the rear door (Same Company) A good 4 Ch amp Min power 75 watts x 4 RMS and for subs to even out the sound I would go for this..Chevrolet Silverado Stealthbox by JL Audio

They are all good, just depends on how much you want to spend.
    2009 GMC Sierra 2500 SLT

Sr. Mechanic

if your still looking, try Sundown, SSA , Digital Design or FI. All three are great subs and sundown has some of the most respected 8" subs on the market. Look into other brands and not just the JL band wagon that seems to going on, not knocking the brand but everybody has it. Just because it cost and arm and a leg doesnt mean it the best. Here is a link to a website, check the forum it may help

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/,

If money wasnt an object then get hooked on a set FI BTL's and try not to swallow when our putting the power to them.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

Hey just a little tip. When you get around to getting your mid range speakers, skip the 4x6 size and anything smaller really. You will much more satisfied with 6 inch mid bass cones and up, the smaller one that ive used(JL and rainbow) tend to not be able to stand up to the constant abuse of a very loud system even with a crossover. So just letting you know that you may not be satisfied with the smaller cones.
    Schrub!:sign0011:

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by tigersdl65 View Post
    Hey just a little tip. When you get around to getting your mid range speakers, skip the 4x6 size and anything smaller really. You will much more satisfied with 6 inch mid bass cones and up, the smaller one that ive used(JL and rainbow) tend to not be able to stand up to the constant abuse of a very loud system even with a crossover. So just letting you know that you may not be satisfied with the smaller cones.
    When you say cones, are you talking about the whole speaker? I was looking at either Focals for now(a while) and then upgrading, if it really is, to dynaudio components.

@tigersdl65- I checked out those speakers, from what I'm reading, about FI and Digital Design, I like em and what they've done. I also like that I can choose different colors, that helps make it more unique to me as well. And I'm really liking those BTL's, if I do decide to get em I'll be sure and find a way to post a YouTube video of em bangin? Or bumpin? Kickin? Knocking? Running. Thanks for that heads up also.
    Last edited by Cody Glenn Cornell; 12-03-2011 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Message to tigersdl65.

Yes I am refering to the whole speaker, I've had problems with them maxing out their cone excursion and it makes a very annoying whapping sound against the speaker frame, and can destroy your speaker in the long run.