GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need Help and Quick!!! 90 Chevy Won't Start

Hey Guys,

I have a 1990 K1500 4WD 5-Spd. 5.7L TBI. The Truck Won't Start. It is not spraying fuel from the injectors. There is also no power at the injector connectors. I have tested the connectors and the ICM. Both check out. There is battery voltage at the module from the PCM as well as the ICM checked out according to autozone. I expected it would as The entire distributor is new. Not remanned, New from Rock auto. The distributor is 100% new as well as all the parts on it. (pick-up coil, ICM, cap, rotor, etc.) The Coil is fairly new, less than a year. The fuses are good. What else do I need to check or test.

Check your grounds.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

you are not getting a signal to the system.Get a set of Noid lights and crank the truck if they pulse..(which they shouldn't) id have to be there to figure it out.
    remember no matter how much crap they throw on these trucks they have to have the basics compression,spark and fuel to run.

The noid lights will tell you if the injectors are getting a signal if they don't you have lost your reference signal.Find your cam and crank sensor and check them ( do not remember how off the top of my head some use voltage with key on,some use ohm resistance,they will give you a range they should fall into)

Appreciate the help so far. but got the fuel problem fixed. I had to take the rubber boots off of the connectors for the ICM. That fixed the problem with the fuel. However, the truck is still not starting. I had the coil tested and replaced at AZ and that did not resolve the problem. I am still getting fuel now, but no spark. Still troubleshooting. Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks to all