GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Default Truck got hurt today.

So I was taking my daughter Rachel to school today as usual and I pull up behind a new Chevy Cruze at the stop sign that connects my development with PA 16. I'm only stopped for a few seconds when the woman decides to back up to give a dump truck room to turn onto our road. I laid on the horn and look in my mirror and I have cars behind me so I can't back up, and she keeps on coming and smacks into my front bumper.

Naturally I get out and say WTF! Now we exchange info, no police called because nowadays they won't even come if no one is hurt, they just tell you to exchange info and move on. So I call her insurance, give my statement and the claims lady says, " my client states that her car was in park at the time of impact so we aren't paying".

So I say WTF again and call my insurance only to find out that she has filed a claim against me! I don't have witnesses, so my insurance is going to be stuck with the bill, I have accident forgiveness so a rate increase shouldn't be an issue, it just amazes me that people can be so dishonest, or I guess I really should expect no less these days.

Damage is minimal, I guess, in my mind any damage is bad. I think the SS cover is going to be ok but the metal bumper and bracketry is going to need replacement. The paint looks undamaged but the left side of the bumper is pushed back about 2".

Undamaged passenger side.

Driver side damage.

Last edited by adampaul1964; 09-23-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    Adam

Sucks, but yes people seem to be taking lieing to new heights, I dont think theres many honest people left out there.
    I wonder what she was doing sitting at what sounds like a busy intersection in park?

"Jerry are you up a pole again?
    I miss you Jessica.
    Jerry are you crying?
    No I bit my tounge."

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Sucks, but yes people seem to be taking lieing to new heights, I dont think theres many honest people left out there.
    I wonder what she was doing sitting at what sounds like a busy intersection in park?

"Jerry are you up a pole again?
    I miss you Jessica.
    Jerry are you crying?
    No I bit my tounge."
    I don't know how they can sleep at night. I believe she will have to pay for her dishonesty in some way, something will come back on her and bite her in the a$$. I did make a mistake in the original post though it, should have said her car was in drive at the time of impact.
    And on another note her insurance company is Nationwide....they are definitely "on her side"!

That sucks Adam. I am sure there is nothing you can do because it is their word vs. yours. Just hope that one day they will get payback 10 fold.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Sorry about your truck Adam. If it ever happens again make the person wright a statement that they hit you and were at fault.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Sorry to hear about that Adam. If you have her name etc, a little internet searching and............ Ok thats probably wrong. Hopefully kharma comes around and bites her in the arse.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Wow, that sucks. So glad I have a good camera phone so I can take pics right then and there.

I'm never going to call anyone else's insurance after what Farmers did to me at my last wreck.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

There are times when I, at least, wish axe handle justice can be successfully applied. Howsomever, that not being the correct way to deal with situations, take comfort in knowing that goes around, comes around...!

You might want to see if the dump truck can be tracked down. That might help a little bit.

Sorry to hear about that Adam. I assume you didn't get her number. Keep us updated on your bumper. You just got that finished and now this. That sucks!
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by