GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Carpeted Bed Mat

I just picked up my new '07 Silverado today. I traded in an '03. I loved my old truck and I'm hoping I'll be just as satisfied with the new one. I stepped up from the LS model with the stock 4.8L to the LT2 model with the 5.3L, 3.42 gears and tow package. There's a noticeable performance difference! My question is: can anybody recommend a reasonably priced carpeted bed mat. I've done a google search and the predominant product seems to be the BedRug. Only thing is, I don't want to spend $350+ for a rug. I just want a durable, carpeted mat to put under a tonneau cover...something to protect the bed but looks good too. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mrtaylorwv View Post
    I just picked up my new '07 Silverado today. I traded in an '03. I loved my old truck and I'm hoping I'll be just as satisfied with the new one. I stepped up from the LS model with the stock 4.8L to the LT2 model with the 5.3L, 3.42 gears and tow package. There's a noticeable performance difference! My question is: can anybody recommend a reasonably priced carpeted bed mat. I've done a google search and the predominant product seems to be the BedRug. Only thing is, I don't want to spend $350+ for a rug. I just want a durable, carpeted mat to put under a tonneau cover...something to protect the bed but looks good too. Any suggestions?
    to the site! I'm testing out a 2007 Silverado this week and I think it's a great truck.

You're looking for a carpeted mat for the best of your truck? What are you going to use the bed of the truck for? You want more friction and something to protect the bed?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    to the site! I'm testing out a 2007 Silverado this week and I think it's a great truck.

You're looking for a carpeted mat for the best of your truck? What are you going to use the bed of the truck for? You want more friction and something to protect the bed?
    Right. I'm planning on covering the bed with a tonneau, but wanted something underneath for those few times I actually use the truck for what it was intended I found a double-sided bed mat which had marine carpet on one side and rubber on the other...but it's not yet available for the new body style. I think it sells for a little over $100.

Default Shagadillic

A good quality bed mat is going to cost $$. (But worth it) If your looking to save money pick up a remnant from the local carpet store and cut to fit. Back in High School, I did my VW van in a blue shag. (No Austin Powers jokes please.) Personally I always go with a spray on coating line LineX. More money, but worth it.
    Last edited by unplugged; 08-24-2007 at 08:33 PM. Reason: sic
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Spend the money on the BedRug. You won't be sorry. Just be sure to have someone install it that knows what they are doing if you don't. Had one in my 05 and now one in my 07. Same guy put them in. He said the 05 fit like a glove while the 07 was a real bear.

Sweet, but you'd never be able to take a load to the dump in that.

wow, that looks great.

Yeah...just call me a cheapskate. I was able to find the BedRug for around $350, but that still seems like a lot of money to put in the back end of a pickup.

Anybody had any dealings with gmaccessoriesstore.com? They have a rubber mat with the GM logo for under $100 and the soft tonneau cover with the bowtie logo for around $350. Just wondering if they were legit.

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by unplugged View Post
    Sweet, but you'd never be able to take a load to the dump in that.
    lol, thats what I was thinking. Even thou I no longer use my truck for farming or anything by this point in time the bed is so beaten up and rusty that the bed itself would destroy that bed rug thing.

I kinda find it funny calling an 03 an old truck. I hesitate to even call mine an old truck because I know guys that are still driving around 70's model trucks.

To the point thou, do you have any local truck accessory stores in your area? I know there is a really nice on in Columbus that has a lot of cool stuff for guys who use their trucks and for guys who don't use their trucks.
    Old Blue:
    1985 Chevy Monte Carlo LS

Old Red:
    1996 Chevy C3500 w/ 6.5L Turbo Diesel Engine

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by mrtaylorwv View Post
    Yeah...just call me a cheapskate. I was able to find the BedRug for around $350, but that still seems like a lot of money to put in the back end of a pickup.

Anybody had any dealings with gmaccessoriesstore.com? They have a rubber mat with the GM logo for under $100 and the soft tonneau cover with the bowtie logo for around $350. Just wondering if they were legit.
    I bought a new tailgate cover thingie (technical I know!, but I can't think of the real name of it) for my 07 b/c the hard top cover rubbed on it. I had no issues with them and I they were quick on delivery. I would buy from them again if they had what I wanted and the price was right.
    2007 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4x4 Z71 (Mostly Loaded :-) )

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by