GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best spray in liner?

Who has had one for a while and it still looks good?

I have had both Rhino and Line X in two different trucks. I love my Line X more than the Rhino, Rhino seemed like it was too tacky. It seemed to be a little more easier to harm. Both of the shines will wear off after a year or so, because of the sun and weather conditions, but you can buy a reconditioner that can bring the shine back. But I haven't had a problem with Line X chipping or wearing weird like the Rhino did.
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

You really can't go wrong with Rhino liner or X-liner. I think X-liner is a little bit cheaper. Stay away form DIY liners like Herculiner! It is a waste of time and money. I regret using it for my truck.

Jr. Apprentice

I have rhino in my truck for a little over a year, i beat the living snot out of it..its never chipped. I had it installed over the bed rails so it wraps to the side of the truck a little. i have a tonnou cover and you can see the line from the cover because the area thats still exposed has faded(ive heard it happens to them all but i havent tried the conditioner for it) There are a few different types of rhino if im not mistaken and i didnt go with the top choice i think i have the 2nd one from the top. i couldnt be happier.

hope that helps
    -Alec

I've had Rhino and now have Line-X and I love the Line-X. Its been in my truck since January '05 and it still looks good. I put rocks/boulders, chainsaws, tools,etc.. and its hanging in there. You can kinda see it in one of my photo albums. My Rhino tore and split.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Rhino is weak and soft! i have had Line-X in 4 different trucks! Line-X is the way to go and now they have a new Line-X xtreme that has a much better shine and it takes much longer for it to fade out. It will eventually but everything does eventually! Go with Line-X!!!

J. Roy
    2010 Silverado Z71 4x4
    33/12.50/R20 Cooper Discover STT Tires
    20" KMC XD Monsters
    Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit
    Rancho Shocks
    Airaid TBS
    Volant CAI
    8000K HID Head Lights
    6000K HID Fog Lights
    Tinted Head Lights/Fog Lights and Brake Lights
    Blacked Out Completely

Thanks for the replies I have had both in the past but it's been a few years and I didn't keep either trucks for more than a year.

big fan of line-x, fades quick but never softens up!

Love my line-x. If you want to keep the shine get the extra addon for shine. Mine has not faded. It does depend on the installer on how well it turns out.

Line X FTW plus it stays nice and shiny like the day it was sprayed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast