GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I don't know how true this is and I haven't been able to confirm it, but I was told that alot of the SCT guys are ex-employees of Diablo.
    uhhh, no.... lol
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-29-2011 at 01:21 PM.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro SS - 2SS, RS pkg., short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Miller View Post
    +1 on the Diablo. Just bought mine last week. Put an Airaid modified intake tune, a Throttle Body Spacer, and for now the 87 octane setting on the Diablo. The forums, and the technical support almost have me thinking I almost know what I am doing. Getting it dialed in over the last couple of days put me up to 14.8 mpg, up from 11.2. My 6.0L with 4.10 gears is a gas hog, but I am almost able to live with it now.
    That MPG increase right there is awesome all by itself. But being able to fine tune it is definately much nicer than the "out the box" one tune fits all.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by BillM View Post
    The dyno is $100 per hour. The HPTuner software costs depends on who is using it! The software costs about $1500 to $3000. I would not get this for myself, but my tuner is a Pro! He has over 15 years working for GM, and has tuned hot rods, road race cars, drag cars and trucks in the local area. His reputation is far beyond our local area, and has received mention in Hot Rod magazine. He charges $300 per session, and provides a file that you can have with all of your data. It is well worth it having an expert do it! I am planning on using this system again when I change my heads, cam, and blower pulley. He can tune for any situation: economy, low end torque, high horsepower, whatever is requested. So, you have to figure the costs yourself.
    Well that does sound like a good deal! unfortunately if there is anybody over on this side of the US that is good enough to make it worth the money i dont know about them. So more than likely most of us will still will standard ole programmers! But it sounds to me like you have a great deal going on! I'm Jealous!

J. Roy
    2010 Silverado Z71 4x4
    33/12.50/R20 Cooper Discover STT Tires
    20" KMC XD Monsters
    Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit
    Rancho Shocks
    Airaid TBS
    Volant CAI
    8000K HID Head Lights
    6000K HID Fog Lights
    Tinted Head Lights/Fog Lights and Brake Lights
    Blacked Out Completely

Diablo, dollar for dollar is the best out of the box diy tuner I believe. The Diablo tunes are base tunes that can be tweeked to better suit your specific build and performance enhancements. Ultimately though, I agree that a "proven Diablew" custom tune is as good as it gets as it is designed to produce the best performance gains possible for your truck, short of going on a dyno. The basic Diablo tunes produce reslts that produce impressive performance gains that you can feel over stock.
    It's never really finished...and faster is always better.

2000 Silverado 1500 4x4 Z71 Copo
    5.3 K&N CAI Cat Back Flowmaster Duals
    4L60E TransGo kitted w/Oregon Performance HiPo servos
    Rancho suspension lift
    MB V-tec wheels Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Diablo Tune

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12