GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Upcoming New Silverado

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on getting a new Silverado (2011,2012?) when I get back from my deployment and I was wondering what kind of information people can give me as far as known problems and things of that nature. I've read about the AFM that isn't so seamless and that's really the only biggest thing i've seen so far. What can people tell me as far as good leveling kits, lift kits, body lifts and is there a way to not void the warranty from lifting or if it does at all. Thanks guys

Hello,

Here's a little bit of info on lift kits, as far as GM corporate is concerened they will still warranty their parts with a lift kit installed, but you have to check with your dealer first.

Also GM has switched to the DEXOS oil standard. So watch what service stations you go to (Dealers can test the oil for certain additives) most reputable places will carry DEXOS Fully Synthetic.

I like Rancho lift kits they are pretty rough and tumble
    "Silly Honda. My lug nuts take more torque than your car makes."

Jr. Apprentice

Hmm I normally do oil changes myself with royal purple, I would think that was a good enough brand :P, about how do those Rancho kits normally run, seems like a lot of people on here have those Rough Country lifts

Rancho is around $1500 for a 4 inch lift, rough country will be around 200-500 but i've heard of quality issues. things not lining up, and parts cracking.

as for royal purple, if it says DEXOS on the front of the jug you're good to go

Jr. Apprentice

ah alright, I'll be sure to lookout for that, and 200-500 seems like terrible quality for a suspension lift, 1500 isn't real bad i suppose

Im saving my pennies for a rancho

Sr. Engineer

I've got the rough country 3" lift. Seemed great at first, but now after 30,000 miles I'm on my third set of upper ball joints. The ball joints they use just aren't up to it. The only good thing about the ball joints is they stock them at just about every auto parts store, they're 25 bucks each and I've got it down to where I can change both in less than an hour If you have the money, go with something else or just don't get the kit with the A arms.

I think I'm going to get some different upper A arms that use a uniball rather than a ball joint the next time they start to go..

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Greg84 View Post
    I've got the rough country 3" lift. Seemed great at first, but now after 30,000 miles I'm on my third set of upper ball joints. The ball joints they use just aren't up to it. The only good thing about the ball joints is they stock them at just about every auto parts store, they're 25 bucks each and I've got it down to where I can change both in less than an hour If you have the money, go with something else or just don't get the kit with the A arms.

I think I'm going to get some different upper A arms that use a uniball rather than a ball joint the next time they start to go..
    Yeah that seems like a lot of un needed maintenance

Go with the Rancho, well engineered, good fit and quality. Unlike the RoughCountrys poor quality and fit. RoughCountry has a history of problems or causing problems. The AFM can be turned off with a Diablo Trinty tuner.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Go with the Rancho, well engineered, good fit and quality. Unlike the RoughCountrys poor quality and fit. RoughCountry has a history of problems or causing problems. The AFM can be turned off with a Diablo Trinty tuner.
    DiabloSport Trinity Programmer / Monitor - Truck Customizers

is this the Diablo you are talking about?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by