GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Need help with Headlights and Tail Lights

Hey all,
    I am looking to upgrad my trucks headlights and tail lights and I would like some opinions from you all to help make my decision.
    I have a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500 ext cab.
    These are the headlights I can't decide between:
    -RECON $499.99
    RECON Part # 264271BK - GMC Sierra & Sierra Denali 07-12 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 (New Body Style) PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS - Smoked Lens
    -ANZO $329.95
    http://www.kbcarstuff.com/GMC-Sierra-Projector-Headlights-Angel-Eye-Halo-p/4lhp-sie07jm-ks.htm
    Which
    do ya'll think are better?
    I also want to get HID's and I read that it is recommended to get projectors with them because installing the HID's into the stock lights does not concentrate the light which blinds other drivers (which I don't want to do). Is this true?
    These are the HID's I am looking at:
    -Notto Kit (35W 15K) $99.95
    NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit - 2008 GMC Sierra HID Kit - Notto SE 3-ST-NT-XXXX

-DDM Tuning KIT (35W 10K) $75.00
    HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

-Xenon Kit (35W 10K) $50.00
    http://www.kryptonbulbs.com/HID-kits/HID-Kits/H11-HID-kit
    Which
    do ya'll prefer again? I'm looking for a deepish looking blue but not too deep (my truck is blue).
    And these are the tail lights I am torn between:
    -RECON $399.95
    RECON® - LED Tail Lights with Smoke Lenses - 2008 GMC Sierra Lights - Recon 264189BK
    RECON Part # 264189BK - SMOKED LED Tail Lights 07-12 GMC SIERRA 1500/2500/3500 Single Wheel ONLY

-IPCW $356.25
    IPCW® - Bermuda Black Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - 2500/3500HD - 2008 GMC Sierra IPCW Fiber Optic LED Tail Lights - IPCW LEDT-3040CB

-ANZO $215.22
    http://www.andysautosport.com/gmc/2007_9999_sierra/lights/tail_lights/anzo/anzo00166048.html
    Well
    , that's all and ANY and ALL input on the above would be GREATLY appreciated!!
    If there are better products than what I have listed, PLEASE post them for me :D.
    Thanks in advance!
    Nick

This tread got locked down @Fonze, becuase you were a new members with a ton of links in your post. I've unlocked it now.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Master Mechanic

Did you end up purchasing headlights or tail lights yet?

I know from experience that Recon is a good product, I have had no problem with IPCW. The Notto HIDs are good also look at the Philips HIDs. I have tried projectors, CCFL by Spyder, Depo and others and they were all junk, I.E. bad quality. I ended up going with the TYC and they are great in fact I think they are even better than the originals.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Truck finished 12-31-2011 037.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	34353

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    Did you end up purchasing headlights or tail lights yet?
    No not yet, I bought a pair of 10k Notto SE's though and they work great! I probably won't get heads or tails until maybe after summer. Not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post
    I know from experience that Recon is a good product, I have had no problem with IPCW. The Notto HIDs are good also look at the Philips HIDs. I have tried projectors, CCFL by Spyder, Depo and others and they were all junk, I.E. bad quality. I ended up going with the TYC and they are great in fact I think they are even better than the originals.

I will probably go Recon all the way around. It's pricey but I think it will be worth it (since I will probably put them on my next truck as well because it will be a GMC most likely).

And nice truck btw bro!
    '08 GMC SIERRA 1500 5.3L V8

5K HID|Oracle Halo's|LEDs All Around|Two 12" Apline Subs|Four6.5" Alpine door Speakers|Camo'd Emblm|FlwMstr 40 TD|De-Badged

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by donyms View Post

I ended up ordering Recon tails too

@AMac:

What kind of projectors did you have on your '09 Sierra? Are those Anzo's?

Good luck with that RECON conversion! If you have the cash for it, I'd recommend picking up RECON's xenon bulbs as an alternative to an HID kit. Look forward to seeing the final product!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Master Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Fonze View Post
    @AMac:

What kind of projectors did you have on your '09 Sierra? Are those Anzo's?
    I tried looking back and logged into every known account I have for ordering parts like these and could not find them. I want to say they were just an ebay thing but I could have ordered them from CarID too. Sorry; if I find out I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos View Post
    Good luck with that RECON conversion! If you have the cash for it, I'd recommend picking up RECON's xenon bulbs as an alternative to an HID kit. Look forward to seeing the final product!
    Thanks Drake!
    Is the Recon HIDS better than Nottos or something? I know it's a different size bulb then what I have now so I know I have to get a new one. So I'll probably grab those along with the projectors when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by AMac View Post
    I tried looking back and logged into every known account I have for ordering parts like these and could not find them. I want to say they were just an ebay thing but I could have ordered them from CarID too. Sorry; if I find out I'll let you know.
    That's ok. It's not a big deal, I just wanted to see how the Anzo's looked at night(I can't seem to find any pictures of a GMC with them .

I think the Anzo's have a yellowish halogen-like halo rather than the blue like the one in your avatar. Can anyone confirm this?

Becuase if those are Anzo's, than I may consider those over Recon because I like the blue halo and they are cheaper.

BUT, I have seen the ones on ebay before and they look exactly like Anzo's but I just "king X'd" them because they were knock-offs. But if they look like that, then I may have to reconsider!!
    Last edited by Fonze; 02-09-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by