GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default wont start please help!!!

I live in Texas, drive a 1999 Chevy 2500, 7.4 liter (454), vortec, 4x4 truck!!! (when it runs) I have 179411 miles. I just bought the truck in February 2011 . I was told I needed to replace the fuel pump and that was it. Never replaced it because it quit running before i had a chance. I had to replace the distributor, coil, and control module. Once I got wires right and distributor set were it would run but not perfect. Dove it a few days then was headed to get gas and it started to spit and sputter and proceeded to die. Caught ride to get gas and truck still wouldn't start. Pulled truck home and checked things: 1. not getting fire (pulled wires # 1 and #2 no spark) 2. fuse relay center: 30a-AUX A was burned out replaced and just from trying to start truck was beginning to burn out again? Also Aux A & B post have nothing connected to them and there is a orange wire hanging close by that looks like it might go there? 3. Checked distributor and it seems to be tight. Bought new spark plugs and wires will put in in the morning . But seriously doubt that will fix it? Please help this is my only form of transportation and really need to get back to working I live way out in the country so this makes it hard to get to the store even!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	089.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	30659
    Last edited by lackeynicole; 10-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.

NICOLE LACKEY

:na: Well Guess what !!!!!!!!! Women are great mechanics too!!!!!!! I fixed the problem! It was as easy as magic!! Not quit sure how I did but trucks runnin now!!!!!! SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!