GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks man. I just came in from the garage trying to find it when I saw your post here. I see what I think is the blower motor under the glove box. To the left of it a couple inches is a little unit of some kind also held in place by two little bolts but it doesn't look much like the resistor I picked up from NAPA (and the wiring coming in and out of it is also configured wrong~ both in # of wires and ports and shape of ports). I'm going back out there to look again. I thought I looked up and around pretty thorough with a light and a mirror with no luck. I actually came back inside to scour the internet to see if I could find some detailed instructions or maybe a diagram of where it was located.

No you found the right part. The wire config is different and the plug is different also on the newer version. It sounds like ya found it. Lotta people get the splice kit too. I would get that particular part from the dealer but that's just me

I just saw a youtube vid that confirmed I found the right part. With regard to going OEM, It's a 45 minute drive to the dealership and I'm up to my elbows in fixing our other GMC. I'm not a mechanic, so this is all new (and a bit frustrating sometimes) The lock stopped working on the hatch of the wife's Envoy. The part for that is $280. Ouch. I need to look into this splice kit cuz right now it looks like round plug in square hole. Thanks again Zigger!

No problem, just cut the old plug off and tie into the existing wires. That's all the splice kit really is. You can solder (I recommend) or butt-splice. The splice kit just comes with a butt-splice kit. Take a picture of the existing plug and wires and your new one and I can tell you how to connect it so you can have it fixed in about ten minutes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12