GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ok so a few questions... im going to redo all my major grounds .. battery to block . battery to fender .. firewall to frame.. am i missing any ?

also there is a bracket that goes from my header to the back of the alternator .. is that so sort of ground?

update .. i redid all my grounds .. new battery cables .. batt to block .. firewall to frame and block .. and batt to fender !! it fixed it .. one question tho ? i noticed that my boss's alternator on his 94 c3500 had the positive from the alternator directly to the battery , mine however is not direct to the battery .. would it make a difference if i wired it direct to the battery? .. as always i appreciate all the help you guys provide .. thank you !

i will be installing a digital voltage display used for stereo systems just to keep an eye on things .. the best part is that it is adjustable and must be set up with a volt meter to ensure accurate readings!

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver8817 View Post
    update .. i redid all my grounds .. new battery cables .. batt to block .. firewall to frame and block .. and batt to fender !! it fixed it .. one question tho ? i noticed that my boss's alternator on his 94 c3500 had the positive from the alternator directly to the battery , mine however is not direct to the battery .. would it make a difference if i wired it direct to the battery? .. as always i appreciate all the help you guys provide .. thank you !
    How is your conencted? He may have a different type of alternator.... i.e 3 wire or single wire. If your problem is fixed I wouldnt worry about it.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

its single wire plug and it all good now lol. i was just curious

At some point GM did this on purpose. The idea was if you are wide open you need all the power you can get for a short time such as passing or climbing a steep hill with a heavy load. That means shutting down the AC and alternator. I suspect if you connect a voltmeter to the alternator trigger wire you will see it go to zero at WOT.

Stop beating on your truck, it will last longer.

Just read the second page lol. That's weird, but I'm glad it's fixed.
    Last edited by 2COR517; 10-28-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12