GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Leaking rain water

Hi ALL, new to this site. Just found it, & haven't looked around much but I have a SERIOUS rain leak on my wife's '06 Savana Regency conversion van. Had the van 5+ years, never leaked before. We've had BIG rain for the past week or so and the pass. side floor is soppin' wet up front. The van has some oak leaves in the cowl area. I wondered if this body style van has a drain or something that can get clogged up and cause an inside leak. This van has been a pleasure and hate to see it soggy inside. Thanks in advance for your help. I'm in E. central Fl. and we're gonna get another big rain this afternoon I'll bet.

Is the headliner by the windshield wet? If possible durring the rain, if it does rain there tonight, you should sit in the van and try to hear/see where it may be coming in. Make sure it has been raining a bit before you start to look because it may take time for the leak to start.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Master Mechanic

One way to check for leaks is to get a REALLY bright flashlight and to go around all the rubber trim (ie window, air ducts, doors) and to see if any light makes it in. If you can see light coming through than water can make it in too.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .