GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I still hate you all! LOL
    You think you have it bad....

After the liter-gallon conversion, gas is at about $4.16 per gallon here in Alberta right now. Our provincial economy is mainly based on oil production but we get screwed on it because of the deal our government made with the US years ago that means we ship our oil to the states to be refined rather than doing it ourselves, and then we pay more to buy our own product back.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    You think you have it bad....

After the liter-gallon conversion, gas is at about $4.16 per gallon here in Alberta right now. Our provincial economy is mainly based on oil production but we get screwed on it because of the deal our government made with the US years ago that means we ship our oil to the states to be refined rather than doing it ourselves, and then we pay more to buy our own product back.
    Really..I didnt know that. We need to stop refining your damn oil so we can refine more of what oil we produce! I am sure your environmental nuts are worse than ours.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Really..I didnt know that. We need to stop refining your damn oil so we can refine more of what oil we produce! I am sure your environmental nuts are worse than ours.
    Oh...kinda off topic...but are alot of people from Alberta Cincinnati Bengals fans? The bengals are coming to Phoenix in December to play the cardinals and my wife and I are Colt McCoy fans from his Texas University days....we bought tickets off Stub Hub and they came from Alberta....ok...back on topic now..sorry.... I degress...

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Oh...kinda off topic...but are alot of people from Alberta Cincinnati Bengals fans? The bengals are coming to Phoenix in December to play the cardinals and my wife and I are Colt McCoy fans from his Texas University days....we bought tickets off Stub Hub and they came from Alberta....ok...back on topic now..sorry.... I degress...
    yep, pretty sad that we pay a premium for our own product, and even more so after hurricanes that take out oil refineries. Not much we can do about it though unless the government removes that legislation... but after the time its been in, I personally don't see that being too likely to happen. On the up side, at least I don't live in british columbia where there is an additional 8% provincial tax on everything in addition to the 5% GST. By the time they build taxes in, their gas is usually considerably more expensive than in alberta.

And I've never heard of the Cincinnati Bengals. I have bought tickets from StubHub though and they always seem to be local to here (then again, it has always been for local events). Apparently there are at least some Bengals fans here in Alberta

Jr. Apprentice

I'd Gladly pay $4.16 pmf608. As of this morning its ~$1.24 / Liter... so $4.71 per US Gallon. That will be higher than other areas of B.C, since I'm mid-way up the Island, so everything costs more. Ironically that is still similar to Ontario. I think Alberta still has some of the cheapest gas in Canada though.
    On a side note, Funniest/Angriest thing I ever saw. Was in Sault Ste. Marie (US) getting gas because it was alot cheaper, saw the truck fill up that station, then cross the border and fill up one on the Canadian side, where the price was posted at ~$1.20 / gallon more. Gotta love that eh?
    Rob - Campbell River, B.C.
    1997 GMC Jimmy SLT
    2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LS 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarvel View Post
    I'd Gladly pay $4.16 pmf608. As of this morning its ~$1.24 / Liter... so $4.71 per US Gallon. That will be higher than other areas of B.C, since I'm mid-way up the Island, so everything costs more. Ironically that is still similar to Ontario. I think Alberta still has some of the cheapest gas in Canada though.
    On a side note, Funniest/Angriest thing I ever saw. Was in Sault Ste. Marie (US) getting gas because it was alot cheaper, saw the truck fill up that station, then cross the border and fill up one on the Canadian side, where the price was posted at ~$1.20 / gallon more. Gotta love that eh?
    I can appreciate that Alberta has cheap gas relative to the rest of Canada, but the whole country got screwed over on that deal. We produce a lot of oil (mainly here in Alberta) but there is no reason we should have to pay more for the gas because we ship it to the states to be processed and then pay a premium for our own product. The whole country should be more reasonably priced. You story in Sault Ste. Marie would drive me nuts, and that's a perfect example of that.

As a side note, gas here was running around $1.30 / liter until probably about a month ago. I was glad when it started to come down a bit. Every little bit helps in my '97 ford 460 that I use for work.

I was Southwest of DFW in Hico Tx. an hour ago and filled up my work truck with regular Unleaded at $2.79 a gal.
    Cheapest I've seen in a long time.
    But with dual 75 gal tanks it still wasnt cheap at just over $400 for a 150 gallons to fill up, and I'll be seeing the pump later this week since the dang truck only gets a solid 9mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I was Southwest of DFW in Hico Tx. an hour ago and filled up my work truck with regular Unleaded at $2.79 a gal.
    Cheapest I've seen in a long time.
    But with dual 75 gal tanks it still wasnt cheap at just over $400 for a 150 gallons to fill up, and I'll be seeing the pump later this week since the dang truck only gets a solid 9mpg.
    I'd say it would be lucky if my F350 with the 460 gets 9mpg. Dual 75 gallon tanks would at least be a nice convenience. I has dual tanks, but they are only about 18 gallons each and the second one doesnt work. Needless to say, when I'm driving that truck for work, I spend a fair bit of time at the gas station.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12