GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1999 Chevy Suburban exhaust?

I have a 1999 suburban k1500 and want to put some decent exhaust on it. Currently i have a dual in single out cherrybomb vortex on it and i don't think its loud enough. I have to get the cats on too sadly.. But whats a good choice i was either thinking dual glasspacks or 2 flowmaster 40 or 44 series. If you have any other suggestions thanks!

Welcome to the club. I'd go with the Flowmaster 44's.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club. I'd go with the Flowmaster 44's.
    Ha thanks yeah i wasn't to sure on what i wanted for sound but the vortex aint cutting it. I just need it louder and I'm leaning more towards the flowmaster super 44s

Loud = ticket.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

x2....on going with Flowmaster!!

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Loud = ticket.
    Ha I'm sure with the flowmasters it will be a little bit more calming than dual glasspacks?
    Now how much would it cost for a shop to bend some pipes that would run out on both sides of the receiver for the hitch?
    Last edited by waffle; 10-04-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Ok guy's I'm new to the site and am looking to replace theentire exhaust system to what I call a "TRUE DUAL" system. Headersthen run no cats and go thru a good quality set of mufflers to keep it quiet.

Anyone ever do this or know anyone in the Chicago land areawho I can go to talk it thru and get it installed? I really only see one bigissue other than the noise levels and that is the O2 sensors, what do I do withthem??

I fully plan on installing a cold air intake, either a chipor get the ECM reprogrammed or better yet find an ECM programmer that can bemounted on the dash so I can choose what I want for the conditions I might comeacross???

Any help, input would be great!

Thanks,
    Wags

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guy's I'm new to the site and am looking to replace the entire exhaust system to what I call a "TRUE DUAL" system. Headers, then run no cats and go thru a good quality set of mufflers to keep it quiet.

Anyone ever do this or know anyone in the Chicago land area who I can go to to talk it thru and get it installed? I really only see one big issue other than the noise levels and that is the O2 sensors, what do I do with them??

I fully plan on installing a cold air intake, either a chipor get the ECM reprogrammed or better yet find an ECM programmer that can bemounted on the dash so I can choose what I want for the conditions I might comeacross???

I almost forgot my rig is a 1999 K2500 8600gvw Suburban with a 7.4L 454 and 4:10 in the front and 4:56 in the rear.

Any help, input would be great!

Thanks,
    Wags

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the double post guy's,

I've got a 98 and ran true duals through glasspacks and it sounds pretty decent. Not overly loud but it's got a nice rumble to it. I still have the cats (just had to put new ones recently). However, I am looking at having the glass packs cut out and straight piping it from the post cats back... I have a youtube video of my exhaust somewhere. I'll have to look for it and if i find it I'll post it so you can listen. Greg

Update: Found the link (below). This video is a few years old and the exhaust actually is louder and deeper now. Sounds much better overall. If I get a minute I'll take a new video and upload it. Oh, and the "ow" about halfway through is my son holding the camera. Some crud shot out of the exhaust and smacked his arm

Last edited by USAF-Suburban; 07-18-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added link

I have flowmaster 40 series on my yukon and loved them.I am going with the 10 series on my suburban come February.

I put high flow magnaflow cats and thrush welded 2 1/2" mufflers on my wife's 99 Tahoe from the headers back. LOUD AS HELL! With a nice deep tone. Not all crackly as sh!t like glass packs
    Chuckie!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast