GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Steve Jobs, 56 died today

If you have not heard, Apple Co-Founder and CEO Steve Jobs died today. This is significant to me for a couple of reasons.

Apple computers are much easier to use and typically do not have the operating system issues to which Windows machines are prone. With software becoming more readily available there may really be competition in the market place for a change.

Perhaps more significant is the I-Phone on ATT's network which seems to have fewer issues than those my wife has had on Verizon. The blackberry Storm was appropriately named. All hell broke loose regularly when it locked up, crapped out and had a host of other problems. A Friend with the new Droid fare a little better but still they have issues with the software crapping out. Since both my wife and daughter have the I Phone, continued success of that product is essential.

Perhaps the biggest issue for me personally is that Mr Jobs was 56 and I just turned 50. I guess it just goes to show there is one thing that money and success can't guarantee you - longer life.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

I knew he was sick and had stepped back from Apple but was still available for consulting, didnt think he'd be gone this fast.
    I'm sure Apple will suffer with this loss.
    RIP Steve Jobs and all our blessings to your family and friends.

I knew he had been battling with cancer, and that he had just stepped down as CEO but asked to stay as the chairman (I believe) of the board with apple. I'm pretty sure that was just last month, so I definitely hadn't expected this to happen so quickly.

That being said, he built a great company and both of my computers that see regular use are Macs and I am extremely happy with my iPhone, iPod, and iPad. He sure left a legacy in Apple.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    I knew he had been battling with cancer, and that he had just stepped down as CEO but asked to stay as the chairman (I believe) of the board with apple. I'm pretty sure that was just last month, so I definitely hadn't expected this to happen so quickly.

That being said, he built a great company and both of my computers that see regular use are Macs and I am extremely happy with my iPhone, iPod, and iPad. He sure left a legacy in Apple.

Have to agree with you about Apple's products. No junk in their lineup. I'm on my second Iphone, first 3G now 4G and love it. After years of using PC's. getting ready to pull the plug and buy my first Mac (macbook Air)
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Mac is soooo easy compared to a PC. Setting up a printer is as simple as telling your mac to print, and it goes out handles the set up.