If you have not heard, Apple Co-Founder and CEO Steve Jobs died today. This is significant to me for a couple of reasons.

Apple computers are much easier to use and typically do not have the operating system issues to which Windows machines are prone. With software becoming more readily available there may really be competition in the market place for a change.

Perhaps more significant is the I-Phone on ATT's network which seems to have fewer issues than those my wife has had on Verizon. The blackberry Storm was appropriately named. All hell broke loose regularly when it locked up, crapped out and had a host of other problems. A Friend with the new Droid fare a little better but still they have issues with the software crapping out. Since both my wife and daughter have the I Phone, continued success of that product is essential.

Perhaps the biggest issue for me personally is that Mr Jobs was 56 and I just turned 50. I guess it just goes to show there is one thing that money and success can't guarantee you - longer life.