GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tore tendons & Ligaments in my foot at work today..... WARNING! Graphic pic

Had a really bad day today tearing parts of my right foot for the second time in 9 years.I work as an Educational assistant and was showing a child the proper way to kick a soccer ball when all my weight fell on my foot as it turned to the inside.I went to the hospital and spent the entire afternoon getting X-rays and having it wrapped.They say its not broken but i think it is as i can't put any weight on it.I'm off the next five days as we get a long weekend, so here is hoping it heals by then as i can't miss anymore time because i just started my job 1 month ago.I was just hoping that all my GMTruck Club friends here might pray to the man upstairs for me for a quick recovery.I guess you guys will be seeing alot of me the next 5 days,don't worry i won't show you anymore pics. .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010491.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	30835
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Man, that sucks! I hope there is nothing wrong with it. X-ray won't show a tendon or ligament damage. I hope they did not give you any thing for pain that you can't wash down with a good beer. LOL
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Legend
    Blog Entries

Come here i have a hammer and a saw we can match up the other one!

Prayers for a speedy recovery bud!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Sorry to hear that, and see it Big B. Good luck with the recovery. I've had a few sprains and they can be more painful than a break. Will send my prayers for a speedy recovery.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

So then it wasnt actually the proper way to kick a ball was it?
    Hope ya recover fast.

Sorry to hear it BigB, but do look forward to seeing you on here more! Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to your new job!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I'LL SAY A PRAYER.
    If you are concerned they will fire you it would be worth taking a small risk to get to class.
    Your MDs probably have you
    1)taking a NSAID (Aleve or Ibuprofen are the safest)-
    2)Icing it
    3) Elevating it.
    The slight risk would be getting your hands on a more potent anti inflammatory- like Medrol, prednisone, decadron,Celestone-maybe start taking it 1-2 days before you have to return to work-
    They are the same things football players use to get "back to work" early.The athletes usually have it injected right in the damaged joint, but they will work given by mouth also.know if Canada's economy is as poor- but if it is you sure don't want to lose your job.
    There are some risks-take something to protect your stomach-other risks also, but..... losing a job is a bigger problem.
    Luck
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Thanks for all the humorous comments guys,they definitely put a smile on my face this am.I have been icing the crap out of it and the swelling is beggining to go down,but it sure is starting to get colourful (as in black and blue).Thanks again for all the kind words ,they are much appreciated.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Sorry to hear about the ankle. Yep the pretty colors will get even prettier over the next few days. surprised they didnt stick you on crutches for a few days. Should get easier to start walking on it over the next week and getting the swelling out sooner than later will help. Typically with that kind of swelling it will take a few weeks to be running around on it again like a young kid but it will get there.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Send my prayers your way for a speedy recovery!! Next time dont let that soccer ball get the best of ya!!

J. Roy
    2010 Silverado Z71 4x4
    33/12.50/R20 Cooper Discover STT Tires
    20" KMC XD Monsters
    Rough Country 2" Leveling Kit
    Rancho Shocks
    Airaid TBS
    Volant CAI
    8000K HID Head Lights
    6000K HID Fog Lights
    Tinted Head Lights/Fog Lights and Brake Lights
    Blacked Out Completely