GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2013 Chevy Colorado - Still Waiting in the US.

I just took a glance at the Chevrolet Website recently and was a little surprised to see that the listing for the Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck still only shows the 2012 model when viewing the US website, there is no mention of the 2013 model for sale in the states. Other models offered for sale in the US that still have 2012-model inventory, like the Silverado, Traverse and the Cruze, have options to choose either the 2012 or 2013 models.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-chevrolet-colorado.jpg 
Views:	969 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	50917

2013 Colorado - Why Not Ready For US Sales
    What makes the Chevy Colorado not be for sale in the US, when the rest of the world has access to it? Wasn't there a big media launch last year regarding a new Chevy Colorado pickup? Yes, General Motors revealed this new truck in Asia in 2011/2012 as compact and mid-size pickup trucks are big business in that part of the world. However, you may or may not know about the Chicken Tax and corresponding tariff from the 1960's. Basically, it means that complete body light pickup trucks are hit with a 25% import tariff!

Since the big market for these trucks is in places like Thailand, it makes sense to build it there. Therefore none of the North American plants were initially retooled to build the newest version of these trucks. However, GM has committed to investment in the Wentzville, Missouri plant to build both the Chevrolet Colorado and the GMC Canyon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Production of the U.S. spec model will move to General Motors' assembly plant in Wentzville, MO, where a $380 million expansion of 500,000 square feet will be constructed to support the new Colorado's assembly.[18] Both Colorado and Canyon will be built in the plant."GMC Canyon replacement confirmed". High Gear Media. September 22, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-22..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coloradopup660.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	50918
    Photo Source

http://www.chevrolet.com/colorado-mi...kup-truck.html

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I hope the interior are a little wider than the present ones.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I'll ask at the GM Booth when I go to the NY Auto Show next week..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X