GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default "Like Father, Like Son" 2012 Chevy HD Commercial

So this morning getting ready for church, I saw this commerical.

I love this commercial, it reminds me when I was young and played with my millions of hot wheels or toy trucks and waitin for dad to come home.

But the new HD looks awesome, the front end looks so good. Time to put the 2012 HD on my wish list.

Now if only I could pull a space shuttle upright with my truck and come home to Laura Croft everyday
    Last edited by ChromeSilver02; 10-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

that is awesome!!!!
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

that's awesome. Chevy runs deep.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

those new HDs have a sweet front end.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Oh the dreams go on and on and on...........................
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

For the answer to the 64 thousand dollar question, who manufactures the toy truck the little boy is playing with? It is not Hasbro who is in the fine print of the add. It is not ERTL who manufactures a Silverado Big Farm series pickup that is simular but not the same. I doubt it is a one off made especially for the add, although well detailed it looks mass produced. Anybody know who makes the toy?

I went so far as to contact chevy directly and could get no intelligent answer.
    If you look at the video very close, pause and replay throughout it looks like it might be a reface of a mass produced toy. The hitch looks like a bolt/jamb nut combo & the front end looks to be clayed up and painted over.
    This is the only thing my son has asked for this Christmas and I've been searching everywhere. I'll probably end up ordering the ertl one. It's the nearest resemblance. I will post if i find any more info.

I e-mailed Chevy and received a phone call in return. I informed them that they are missing a huge marketing oppurtunity not having this toy available on their Chevy Collectibles website prior to Christmas. Every little boy whose Dad owns a Chevy truck is going to want one of these pickups.
    I also faxed the add agency Goodby, Silverstein and Partners and received no reply from them.
    I agree with parker, the only difference in this and the ERTL Big Farm Silverado pickup is the front end, mirrors, 8 lug wheels and tires, the enclosed roof and the drivers door opens. Otherwise I would say they used the ERTL Big Farm pickup modified for this add. The Z71 decal is the same as the ERTL pickup and I saw a silver Big Farm Silverado is going to be availble with a trailer and a yellow John Deere skid steer on it. Priced around $45.00 as I recall. Late December or early January availability. Found it on 3000Toys website, item 46020
    Last edited by justcuz; 11-23-2011 at 03:14 PM.