GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default Anyone Have Issues With Weather Stripping?

I have a 2004 Z71 Extended Cab Silverado. I live in northern MD and ever since we had that hurricane blow through here in mid summer I have had an issue with moisture in the cab. During the storm I had wet carpets and seat bottoms and even the headliner was damp. Now every time we have a long rain storm the inside of the cabin feels damp every where. All the rubber handles, leather steering wheel, etc.. all feel damp. I can't pin point a single point of entry for water. I can drive in heavy rain and no large amounts of water come in the cabin. A few minutes of running the heater will dry out any moisture. I am pretty sure the seals around the doors are at fault.. I have pretty much ruled everything else out. When I run the A/C, it drains like it should. Outside the cab down the drain by the firewall in the engine compartment. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue and if replacing the weather stripping fixed it or maybe it's a larger issue like the doors are out of alignment? Nothing is visibly wrong with them.. but you never know.

I've just replaced both sides of weather stripping around the cab as the clip that holds it in on the bottom was rusting.It was under warranty and now they use stailess steel clips so that shouldn't happen again.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

dunno what to tell you. one thing you might try is the stripping on the back/top of the cab by the rear doors. should be a little 8 inch or so piece of black rubber with a 75 degreee or so curve in it. my 03 would leak from that spot in heavy rain. went and srapped all the old glue off, got some clear dry epoxy and put the little strip on, worled great and stopped the leak.

mine was localized to just the right rear tho, seat would get wet from the water coming in. one thing to try, yours sounds more spread out tho.

something to look at.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers