GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New guy here.

Talking New guy here.

Well, I was looking for info about my van and found this site, and this looks like a nice place. I have had several Chevys such as 1971 C-10 pickup, 1971 GMC 2500 Custom, 1980 Citation, 1984 Caprice Classic, 1990 Chevy 1500, 1978 Chevy 1500. I currently own a 1985 G20 SportVan and a 1991 S-10 4x4 as noted in my signature.

Well I hope that I can get the help I need and I also hope that I can help others while I am here.

Interesting note about the 1971 GMC 2500 Custom. My uncle bought it new, and when he arrived to pick up his new truck there was a hauler at the dealership full of brand new 1971 GMC pickups with Chevrolet tailgates.
    Gotta love it when Quality Control takes a nap.

to the party
    Matt
    1987 GMC Sierra Classic 5.7TBI

Interesting story on the tailgate mixup! In 1971 the QC guy was probably off smoking some wacky tobaccy.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Blog Entries

Hey, I had a Chevrolet tailgate on my 1971 GMC 2500 Camper Special, but it was only because mine was pretty tweaked when I got the truck and a friend happen to have the body of a late 60's-early 70's Blazer sitting in his field with a perfect tailgate on it as well as tail lights and trim so I used what I could. Burnt Orange with a yellow tailgate must have looked pretty special
    Last edited by dwill3015; 09-13-2007 at 09:38 PM.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I have seen other mixups like the tail gates. When I worked at a Ford Dealer we got in some Crown Vics with Mercury Grand Marquis wheels. Even had one that had a Mercury steering wheel (Logo on airbag was Mercury circle with swoosh thingy) and it also had Mercury logo keys and keyless entry remotes.