GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Need some help..

When I was removing my body molding from my truck, I put some adhesive remover to get rid of the glue. It said it was safe on automobiles and when I used it, it removed splotches of paint near the glue. Its only a couple of splotches the size of half dollar, but its still noticeable what should I do? I was thinking of getting some duplicolor color match paint, some duplicolor primer, and clearcoat. Prime it first, use the color match paint, and then put a clear coat on it, but not quite sure how it will turn out.

Can you post some pictures? Also if you do it yourself and it doesn't work out then get it painted by a paint shop.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

I will post some pictures tomorrow. Its not incredibly noticeable because my truck is two tone and is tan on the bottom. It just looks crappy when your near the truck.

I wonder if that door was ever repainted?

It wasn't repainted, The splotches are kinda like a silver/gray color.

Just for other members, use a adhesive remover that is made for automotive paint only. Some do all removers say they can be use on automotive paint but they are harsh. I use 3M automotive adhesive remover after I used a 3M eraser wheel to remove the large pieces of glue and tape. You can find these products at most auto parts stores.

I have went to a couple of places for the eraser wheel and they look at me like I'm an idiot.

If you can find a auto parts store that sells alot of paint and body supplies they SHOULD know what your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch Mclovin View Post
    I have went to a couple of places for the eraser wheel and they look at me like I'm an idiot.
    Those places where you went looking for an 3M Eraser Wheel....They're the.....Idiot's!!!......you could also try your Local Hardware Store for the 3M wheel.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I just looked on Advanced Auto Parts and O'Riley's websites and in other locations it said it was in stock, but the location near me it said to call to see if it is in stock. I will find out tomorrow.