GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Free Airlilne Tickets to Japan - Go and Blog for GM Truck Club?

This story came on the new this morning - Japan is hurting from the recent disasters that plagued that country for the last year and tourism has been hit very hard. So, they're looking for bloggers and social media folks to head to Japan to share their experience with the rest of the world.

I am pretty much locked with the kids' school and we have a new baby at home, so flying 1/2 around the world is not something that I want to really do, but if one of the members on this site want to submit a pitch as an official blogger for GMTruckClub.com ... we'll support you for your efforts and can try to get you some of these free tickets.

10,000 Free Round-Trip Tickets to Japan - ABC News
    If you’ve ever wanted to visit Japan, this may be your chance.

In a desperate attempt to lure tourists back to a country plagued by radiation fears and constant earthquakes, the Japan Tourism Agency’s proposed an unprecedented campaign – 10,000 free roundtrip tickets.

The catch is, you need to publicize your trip on blogs and social media sites.

The number of foreign visitors to Japan has dropped drastically, since a catastrophic earthquake and tsunami triggered a nuclear disaster at the Fukushima Dai-ichi Power plant in March. Nearly 20,000 people have been confirmed dead, while more than 80,000 remain displaced because of radiation concerns. In the first three months following the triple disasters, the number of foreign visitors to Japan was cut in half, compared with the same time in 2010. The strong Japanese currency has made matters worse.

If anyone has any interest in doing this I suggest that you reply to this thread, give me a % chance that you will be able to do this, when you can do it, and I will reach out to some of my contacts to see what we can do. Fortunately, I have some good contacts with GM (and now Toyota ~ maybe can do a double bang-for-your-buck) and we can try to get put ahead of the rest of the crowd.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

one is interested in doing this? Don't have to be a long time member, just a member.

If this were to somewhere else in the US, I'd probably be all over it. I don't know if I'm up to a trip over to Japangu though. Hopefully you can find someone to represent GMTC and get us some publicity.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage